plex error #4000

• Hi I freshly installed OMV 1.0.
    Plex installed without problems but when I try to enable it I get the following error

Plex was already installed on OMV 0.5 and I'm now trying to use the same database folder....

Thanks

FT

• I'm afraid it doesn't work...
    under the running services tab, the plex service has a nice red spot.

from the command line

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# service plexmediaserver restart
    Plex Media Server is not running (no process found)...
    Starting Plex Media Server: done
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Back up your folder db first to some other location so you don't loose it. Try and set a new db manually to check if you can start the server in the first place.

you can do that edit that in /etc/default/plexmediaserver and uncomment

PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR=/media/{uuid-disk}/plextest # don't forget to replace the uuid number of your disk

create the previous folder and chmod -R plex:nogroup /media/{uuid-disk}/plextest

start the server again and see if it works now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can make them 777 but they still aren't executable because the drive is mounted noexec. So, probably not much danger.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You only neeed "chmod -R 775". If you do 777 a user could possibly delete your folders/files from the plex interface. This is not desirable. It is better to delete things behind the scenes then risk that any user could delete things. Even with a chmod 775 on the shared folder the files/folders added/created via the samba share will follow options in the smb.conf, for the samba share in question.

• Strangly running an ls -l I found that the owner of the folder was set as Btsync and the owner was nogroup! ...I don't know what happened!
    I realize that 777 was overkill...I just wanted to make sure that it worked.
    I'll revert the plex database folder to 775.

Just to check, what owner/group should I have for the plexmediaserver folder?
    Thanks
    FT

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!