firewall config

• Hi there! I'm trying create the following firewall rule: iptables -A OUTPUT -m owner --uid-owner debian-t -o eth0 -j DROP

This rule worked perfectly on my debian test box(substituting the uid for an existing one), but if I run it from the command line on my omv box, it complains that the uid doesn't exist. Yet, OMV's process list shows transmission-da being run by debian-t. But if I run ps -u from the command line it only lists a few getty processes and /bin/bash

So how would I create that rule with OMV's web interface, as I've tried adding the -m and uid-owner under "extra options", but it complains about unknown commands.

Also, iptables -F seems to kill all traffic to/from OMV , requiring a reboot. What's up with that?

Thanks,

Matt

• iptables -A OUTPUT -m owner --uid-owner debian-t -o eth0 -j DROP

Are you sure that only a part of the UID suffices? And that you don't have to write the whole ID/Username?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!