Accessing "root folder" with FTP

• Hello,

is it possible to access "root" on OMV with FTP ?

I want to change i.E. channels.conf in VDR, but i cannot get access to it.

I first tried it the extplorer, but as i cannot give the correct priviliges to extplorer im not able the change anything on the system device.

is there anyway to get access to it as a DAU ?

Software:
    OMV 3.0 / Plex / Snapraid / Tvheadend / ecoDMS / sonar / sabnzbd
    Hardware:
    ASRock C2750D4I / 2x Kingston KVR16E11/8 / Dell PERC H200 Crossflashed / 8x WD Red 3 TB / 60GB TeamGroup Dark L3 SSD / Samsung 750 EVO 256 GB SSD / Sundtek Sky TV Ultimate 6 DVB-S2

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, you can't access root with omv and ftp.

Won't the channels.conf be overwritten if you change anything in the plugin?

What is DAU? Why not just change it using ssh and login as root?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Is there any other possiblity to change files / folders on the root device without using CLI ?

Channels.conf can be changed with plugins. This won't be a problem. It's just easier to edit channels.conf and arrange the channels in a proper position then doing it through the webIF

DAU is german for = Dümmster anzunehmender User; i guess it's similiar to "luser" ?!!

It is possible to change it with SSH and root.

But in my next step i also need to copy other plugins into the VDR Folder and as im not familiar with linux i want avoid copying folders by CLI

Software:
    Hardware:
    ASRock C2750D4I / 2x Kingston KVR16E11/8 / Dell PERC H200 Crossflashed / 8x WD Red 3 TB / 60GB TeamGroup Dark L3 SSD / Samsung 750 EVO 256 GB SSD / Sundtek Sky TV Ultimate 6 DVB-S2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Use WinSCP and login as root.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMG......didn't thought about using WinSCP

Thank you very much!

Software:
    Hardware:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!