Server starts on its own after shutdown (Asus H87I-Plus)

• I figured it out This script will download the driver, compile, and install it.

Thank you very much! Now I can test, if the issue persists with the newest intel nic driver.

Edit: Ok, the latest nic driver doesn't solve the random power ups. I'm running out of ideas. This board drives me crazy. -.-

• Thank you very much! Now I can test, if the issue persists with the newest intel nic driver.

Edit: Ok, the latest nic driver doesn't solve the random power ups. I'm running out of ideas. This board drives me crazy. -.-

This post is just for reference, in case somebody stumbles on the same bug (I am aware that you already sold your motherboard, but you still might be interested):

I also bought the Asus H87i-Plus C2 motherboard, and finally found a working solution.

See here:

bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=66171#c89

Adding xhci_hcd.quirks=270336 to boot options suppressed reboots. Wol is also working.

First I have tried xhci_hcd.quirks=262144, this also stops the reboots, but disables wol somehow.

I have tried everything else. Using newer bios versions or compiling lan driver (newest being 3.2.7.1) makes no difference...

The problem seems to be in the xhci implementation in newer kernels. It will also appear on bleeding edge kernel 4.2.5.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!