sabnzbd base-dir issues

• hi,
    after installing OMV 1.0 i wanted to try setting up newsgroup downloading,
    however i found something that worries me as well as causing me problems.
    and i would like to both ask why, as well as ask how i could best deal with this.

sabnzbd, is being installed to /home/sabnzbd

seeing this i would gues that this is a security measure, so i can run under its own user account, witch sounds something like a verry good idea TM, the problem this causes however, is that i installed omv on a 30gb pata (notebook) drive, hardly leaving enought space for the systeam as it is... all my sata ports (6 in total) are managed via the omv webinterface witch doesn't seam to let me host any volume as /home

now looking a the transmission plugin, it lets you 'easily' select a 'shared folder' where it wil store data, the same aplies for a plugin like owncloud, so my question is, how can i best deal with this,

as i understand it now, i should create a folder in my data volume
    and from the sabnzb webgui change every single folder, manually to /mtn/<verry long string>/downloads/sabnzbd/
    and do this for logs, admin downloads temp incomplet etc etc etc...

is there a more efficient way to solve this, specially taking into acount that i would prefere not to mess to mutch with how the plugin works and is being tested,

• The main program files go in /opt/sabnzbd and like you say the user files are stored in /home/sabnzbd/.sabnzbd

There are only 2 folders you really need to change, they are complete and incomplete. Sab has a browse button so its not like you have to type the path in just browse to it and save.
    If you use categories, you still only need to add the folder name as it will use the relative folders based on the paths for complete and incomplete. Apart from the logs, the other paths (admin, downloads, temp etc) the new relative folder path.

Once you have it setup you can always use the backup feature in case you want to restore these settings again in the future.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!