Owncloud 1.1.3 , can´t write into config directory

• I did with some minor problems an upgrade to kralizec. I had owncloud installed but never used before. I needed to remove the old owncloud plugin for getting successfully installed kralizec. After that i reinstalled the owncloud 1.1.3 plugin, activated it, added a new share and data storage for it and enabled it.

Now i can open the webif of owncloud, but i get an error like:

"Can't write into config directory

This can usually be fixed by giving the webserver write access to the config directory."

http://doc.owncloud.org/server…the-directory-permissions

Did i forget to activate a permission in OMV ? Or shall i do the steps of the link above?

Regards
    Torsten

Vielen Dank, Regards
    Torsten
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tyan Xeon Server S5512, Ubuntu YAVDR 12.04.3 as Host, OMV 1.0 as KVM Guest with Network and Raid Passtrough

• Am i alone with this problem? No one else with this after a fresh plugin installtion?

Vielen Dank, Regards
    Torsten
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tyan Xeon Server S5512, Ubuntu YAVDR 12.04.3 as Host, OMV 1.0 as KVM Guest with Network and Raid Passtrough

• After, of before, installing the plugin you need to create a shared folder for where the data folder will be located. You use this folder in the settings when you enable the plugin. This will move the data folder from the default location to your share on a data drive. You should check that this shared folder is chown www-data:www-data.

In the plugin there is a shares TAB to create shares. There is a problem with using this at different times to create shares. Each time you enable one it will re-write /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php. This is not good. You can enable and folder on your machine via the External Storage plugin. You enable this plugin in the apps section and then go into the admin section. Then under External Storage you can choose local from the drop down and put in the path of one of your local shares you want to use in ownCloud.

Are you getting any warning with the login screen??? Wih your cert you need to use ip of your OMV as the Common Name. This domain is added by default to the trusted domains in the config.php. You should add a domain for your hostname and your ip address ( or dyn dns servive address too) that you connect with remotely to your trusted domains.

• Sorry for the late answer, but i tried it latestly with ipfire where the addon owncloud is running without problems.
    Now with the last update of owncloud i give it another try with omv.

I deleted the share folder in the owncloud service, and also the data share. After this i created a new share folder owncloud and activated owncloud with this as data folder. but unfortunately i still have the same permission error.
    owner and group is www-data ...

I´am sorry but your second part is not understandable for me.

Zitat

You can enable and folder on your machine via the External Storage plugin. You enable this plugin in the apps section and then go into the admin section. Then under External Storage you can choose local from the drop down and put in the path of one of your local shares you want to use in ownCloud.

Maybe this is all inside of owncloud?

At least, i can´t see the login screen, i see directly " can´t write into config directory"

But what i see is, that the whole path of var/www/owncloud is openmediafault:openmediafault instead of www-data:www-data .
    So is it right to set all of var/www/owncloud to www-data? or only the config directory?
    After i did

Code
    chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/owncloud

and i get a new installation error:

Code
    Your web server is not yet properly setup to allow files synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken.

Please double check the installation guides.

Vielen Dank, Regards
    Torsten

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von torsten73 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!