CouchPotato not working?

• Hi,

I've just made Transmission work great on OMV 1.0.
    Next step is CouchPotato which I installed yesterday. Made it work with Transmission and a torrentsite. I can search a movie, select it for download and Transmission downloads it. So far so good.

Next step should be that CouchPotato unrar's and rename the movie and moves it to my movie folder, plus downloading subtitles. But after the download is done, the file is removed from my download-folder. But it doesn't show up in my Movie folder. It is simply gone. I can't find it anywhere.
    I also don't want CouchPotato to remove it from downloads instantly, but instead unrar it and move it and leave the download for a while to be seeded, is this possible?

Another thing, when logging in to CouchPotato WebUI I can't make the movies I already have show up, I click manage, and add my Movie folder: (/media/pool/Media/Filmer/). When I click the button in Manage it just searches, but nothing shows up.

Any ideas? I have made my movie folder and my torrent folder a shared folder which couchpotato user have read/write access to.

• Found out why it can't find my Movies: [tato.core.plugins.scanner] No imdb_id found for [u'shooter brrip', u'shooter']. Add a NFO file with IMDB id or add the year to the filename.

But I still don't know where my downloaded movies goes, they disappear and are not added to my Movie-folder.

• Did you setup Sabnzbd to use the postprocessing script sabtocp.py or similiar (not sure about the exact name, or if it exists, it exists for sickbeard so I guess it would for CP too)?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Did you setup Sabnzbd to use the postprocessing script sabtocp.py or similiar (not sure about the exact name, or if it exists, it exists for sickbeard so I guess it would for CP too)?

Greetings
    David

Is Sabnzbd really neccessary? I use Transmission for downloading torrents, and CouchPotato does find the torrent, and downloads it. But there seems to be trouble when it comes to unpacking, renaming and moving the files.

Here is a log from CouchPotato (debug): http://pastebin.com/m81d57az

These are a few of the errors i get:

Code
    09-30 15:20:00ERROR[hpotato.core.plugins.base] Unable writing to file "/media/4d43d1b0-4e02-4dab-b536-e5cd513f23cf/pool/Torrents/Complete/Last.Vegas.2013.BDRip.x264-SPARKS/Subs/last.vegas.2013.bdrip.x264.subs-sparks.failed_rename.ignore": Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/plugins/base.py", line 142, in createFile

f = open(path, write_type)

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/media/4d43d1b0-4e02-4dab-b536-e5cd513f23cf/pool/Torrents/Complete/Last.Vegas.2013.BDRip.x264-SPARKS/Subs/last.vegas.2013.bdrip.x264.subs-sparks.failed_rename.ignore'

And also:

Code
    UnpackerNotInstalled: No suitable RAR unpacker installed

@davidh2k is right, what's your source of content: usenet binaries (nzb) or torrents?
    nzb are handled by sabnzd and torrents by transmission (or other client). Couchpotato doesn't download movies by itself.

Torrents, transmission. And as I said, the connection between Transmission and Couchpotato works great, I can find a movie, select it in CouchPotato and Transmission starts the download instantly. It is the unpacking, renaming and moving of the files that doesn't work. After the download is complete it takes a few minutes (CouchPotato tries to process it), then it is gone from the torrent-folder, but it is not seen in the Movie-folder.

• Couchpotato can work with either Sabnzbd or transmission, it can also work with both.

It looks to me as CP can't write to /media/4d43d1b0-4e02-4dab-b536-e5cd513f23cf/pool/Torrents/Complete/ I THINK!! you can add the group "users" to the transmission user or you could try to chmod -R the folder.

Install unrar by doing "apt-get install unrar", maybe unrar should be added to the list of dependencies for transmission.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Couchpotato can work with either Sabnzbd or transmission, it can also work with both.

It looks to me as CP can't write to /media/4d43d1b0-4e02-4dab-b536-e5cd513f23cf/pool/Torrents/Complete/ I THINK!! you can add the group "users" to the transmission user or you could try to chmod -R the folder.

Install unrar by doing "apt-get install unrar", maybe unrar should be added to the list of dependencies for transmission.

Yes, that much I can understand, but I'm new to OMV and I'm not all sure how to work with permissions etc. I can't see the group users under groups. But it is there, because my user is in this group. And my user is also in the debian-transmission as well as the couchpotato user.

How do I do chmod -R and apt get? Do I do this via SSH or is it possible to do trough the web interface?

Thank you!

• It the group "users" not your user, I would not do it that way until some one can confirm it will work.

You need to do both via SSH

Code
    apt-get install unrar
    chmod 777 /media/4d43d1b0-4e02-4dab-b536-e5cd513f23cf/pool/Torrents/Complete/ -R

• It the group "users" not your user, I would not do it that way until some one can confirm it will work.

Code
    apt-get install unrar
    chmod 777 /media/4d43d1b0-4e02-4dab-b536-e5cd513f23cf/pool/Torrents/Complete/ -R

Yes, but from what I understand the group "users" is created automatically by OMV, yet this groups is not found in Groups. But if I edit my own user, I can find that it is part of the "users"-group.

I don't have a transmission-user, it was not created after installing the plugin?

Code
    apt-get install unrar

Did what you said, seems like the unrar works now. But still have problems, don't understand why though.
    I have changed the permissions to 777 on both my Torrent folder and the Movie-folder.
    Here is the new CouchPotato log:
    http://pastebin.com/CjFXY3WR

I haven't use CP in a while, I still have it working as a daemon. But I remember (i might be wrong) that couchpotato doesn't unpack movies in rar. This can be achieved in transmission through a torrent done script.

There is an unrar-checkbox in CouchPotato. Installed Unrar and now it seems to work, at least the unrar part.

• Are sou sure that there is no bad ACL config that blocks something? I had a problem like that jsut recently, fixed by reapplying owner/grouo recursively via ACL tab.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Are sou sure that there is no bad ACL config that blocks something? I had a problem like that jsut recently, fixed by reapplying owner/grouo recursively via ACL tab.

Greetings
    David

ACL doesn't work properly it seems?
    If I go to Shared folders, select my torrent-folder and press ACL this is how it looks like:

This looks correct right? Users have Read/Write/Execute access. Couchpotato user is part of the "users"-group.

But I see the Couchpotato-user is unchecked, if I check Read/Write and press Apply, this error appears:

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all -m 'default:user:couchpotato:7,user:couchpotato:7,default:user::7,user::7,default:group::7,group::7,default:other::7,other::7' -- '/media/4d43d1b0-4e02-4dab-b536-e5cd513f23cf/pool/Nedladdningar/Torrents//' 2>&1': setfacl: /media/4d43d1b0-4e02-4dab-b536-e5cd513f23cf/pool/Nedladdningar/Torrents//: Operation not supported' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:1128
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->setFileACL(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACL', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}
  • Are you using a disc pooling service like greyhole or AUFS?

can you do

Code
    ls -la /media/4d43d1b0-4e02-4dab-b536-e5cd513f23cf/pool/Torrents/Complete/

• Are you using a disc pooling service like greyhole or AUFS?

can you do

Code
    ls -la /media/4d43d1b0-4e02-4dab-b536-e5cd513f23cf/pool/Torrents/Complete/

Yes, I use aufs only. All my Media and Torrents is in the pool.
    I will do that ASAP when I get home, what does it tell me?

• I am only guessing but I think that when you are changing the permissions its not following the symbolic link to the actual folder the files are in. The ls command should show if it is a symbolic link and what permissions are being used, if it is a link you could also do an ls -la on the folder its linking to.

You could also try using a folder outside of the pool, if that works ok then you would know for sure if it is a pooling issue.

• I am only guessing but I think that when you are changing the permissions its not following the symbolic link to the actual folder the files are in. The ls command should show if it is a symbolic link and what permissions are being used, if it is a link you could also do an ls -la on the folder its linking to.

You could also try using a folder outside of the pool, if that works ok then you would know for sure if it is a pooling issue.

Now i've done ls -la on the folder. I get this return:

Code
    totalt 8
    drwxrwsrwx 2 root users 4096 okt  1 20:48 .
    drwxrwsrwx 5 root users 4096 okt  1 20:49 ..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!