Is it possible to install Webmin?

• Into OVM 1.0 is it possible to install webmin?
    If yes, can I use the usual instructions published over webmin website?

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbup:
    ==============
    1 USB Stick Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (USB 3.0 90MB/s Read - 30MB/s Write)
    2 HDD WD Blue 320GB RAID2
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can install and use the directions on the webmin site. Why? You have to be careful using it because you can change settings that will be overwritten by OMV.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You can install and use the directions on the webmin site. Why? You have to be careful using it because you can change settings that will be overwritten by OMV.

In other words, I can do that, but it would be better not to do so. ;)
    Ok!

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• If you are looking for easy file management webmin will work well. It will make it easy to adjust chmod and chown too on files/folders. Just don't edit things like Samba conf or stuff you normally would do in the OMV web-gui. This is where you could get into trouble. If questions just ask. You need to have java installed on you the machine you use to connect to OMV.

• If you are looking for easy file management webmin will work well. It will make it easy to adjust chmod and chown too on files/folders. Just don't edit things like Samba conf or stuff you normally would do in the OMV web-gui. This is where you could get into trouble. If questions just ask. You need to have java installed on you the machine you use to connect to OMV.

Furthermore IMHO with Webmin I can have a wider vision of the whole system and some of its components that in OMV I don't see at all.
    What I want to know is whether installing it thene there are problems in OMV.
    For example, I suppose that it makes no sense to create users in Webmin.

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• Furthermore IMHO with Webmin I can have a wider vision of the whole system and some of its components that in OMV I don't see at all.

Like what?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I think with any file manager it gives you an idea of the structure of a linux system much faster. webmin is great in a lot of ways. When I am editing lots of individual files/folders for chmod/chown I use webmin. If I do recursive it is usually in cli. Just depends on the task.

• I think with any file manager it gives you an idea of the structure of a linux system much faster. webmin is great in a lot of ways. When I am editing lots of individual files/folders for chmod/chown I use webmin. If I do recursive it is usually in cli. Just depends on the task.

I meant the entire system, not just in relation to files and folders.
    However, it seems that we are thinking the same way.

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• We are. How to install webmin:

Code
    cd /
    mkdir scratch
    cd /scratch
    wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin_1.710_all.deb
    dpkg -i webmin_1.710_all.deb  (this step takes a while)
    apt-get -f install
    rm webmin press TAB and then Enter

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!