Is it still possilbe to use apache2 on kralizec?

• Hi,

I just updated from squeeze and Sardaukar to wheezy and kralizec.
    OMV is running on top of a Debian server an the server is used for some more than only OMV.

Because of some other websites and cloud-services, that run on that server, I still want to use apache2. But the new OMV uses now nginx.
    Is there a way to use apache2 with OMV 1.x?
    I don't want to run 2 webserver on one machine.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can use apache2 on the same machine as long as none of the ports conflict but you can't host the web interface with apache2 anymore. Why do you not want to have two webservers on one machine? You could use the openmediavault-nginx plugin to host your other websites without knowing the nginx config stuff.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• apache2 uses enough resources, so I don't want to use nginx on top.

Maybe I will try to move all sites to nginx some day (I already use nginx on my RasPi), but not today.

But somethin during the update seems to went wrong. There isn't a config-file in the folder /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d
    It's totally empty.

If I cannot use OMV on an apache, can someone post a working nginx-config?

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-mkconf nginx should recreate it.

• OK, that worked so far.
    There's still a lot to do, but nginx and OMV is running now.
    Thanks for your help.

Are you an advanced nginx-user or do you know some good resources for nginx?
    I use the virtual host-feature of apache a lot. I have 5 different websites on my server:
    - baikal
    - phpvirtualbox
    - phpmyadmin
    - selfoss
    (- openmediavault => now moved to nginx with a non-standard-port)

All servers use the same ports (80 forwarded to 443 for https). My router has an internal DNS, so I could define 4 different hostnames to the same IP.
    Apache can now choose the right virtual host by comparing the hostname. All hosts have different configurations and sometimes different certificates.

What is the best way or is it even possible to transfer this to nginx?

• There is one problem left:

Everytime, when I update OMV, I cannot access the GUI. The following error occurs:

Code
    Error #3008:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to load configuration (Warning 1549: failed to load external entity "/etc/openmediavault/config.xml" (line=0, column=0))' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config.inc:569

The file is owned by openmediavault:openmediavault and the access permissions are set to 600.

As workaround, I change the access permissions to 666, so the nginx-user (www-data:www-data) can read/write the file.

What are the correct settings? Change the nginx-user to openmediavault or even root?
    According to this site http://serverfault.com/questio…per-virtual-host-in-nginx it is not possible, to use different users in different vhosts in nginx.

Can you give me a hint?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good because it would be very dangerous to set permissions on config.xml to anything other than 600.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!