SFTP Access timeout error.

• Hi there.

I'am trying to connect from KODI (formerly XBMC) with SSH/SFTP without luck.

This is from xbmc.log

Code
    SFTPSession: Failed to connect 'Timeout connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'

I've setup ssh on omv and allowed root to login (for testing) and connect with putty without any problem - I also installed winscp and connect with both scp / sftp protocol also without any problem.

So at first I thought I had to find the solution at kodi forum BUT the thing is that when i try to connect with PSFTP.exe from http://www.chiark.greenend.org…atham/putty/download.html I get

Code
    C:\Users\user\Desktop>psftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Fatal: Network error: Connection timed out

Finally did a test with FireFTP plugin for firefox and try sftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:22/media and gets timeout.

All the above is testet through internet - when i ssh and do a local sftp from console to the local IP it connects succesfully

Anyone got an idea where to look or how to fix?

Regards
    Martin

• May I ask why you want to connect this way? Doesn't seem to be one of the common ways you would use in your home network...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I'm not sure what I'm looking for

Zitat

May I ask why you want to connect this way? Doesn't seem to be one of the common ways you would use in your home network..

I'm trying to access my home NAS from work.

• I can connect from work to Home NAS with putty.

What type of system is your XBMC running on? Can you try to ssh/scp from that specific system?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Code
    C:\Users\user\Desktop>psftp.exe root@myip -v
    Looking up host "myip"
    Connecting to myip port 22
    Failed to connect to myip: Network error: Connection timed out
    Network error: Connection timed out
    Fatal: Network error: Connection timed out
    C:\Users\user\Desktop>

Here is from putty.exe

If it works out of box for you there must be something wrong with my install, and perhaps the quick repair is fresh install OMV.

• Yes i have tried that aswell with no luck.

I'm gonna do a fresh install and see if that fixes it - if not I'll be back

Thank you for helping out and have a great weekend.

• I'm sure if we spend more time on debug we'll find the solution -I just think the quick solution is fresh install.

I did some more testing (at home now) and this is the result from psftp from my local computer/network.

So it seems that OMV works fine on local network and from my own computer running win7.

From my home i connect with RDP connection across the internet to a Windows 2008 R2 servers and a windows 7 client that are located in diffrent citys and different ISP. Both of them timeout when i try to connect with PSFTP.exe

At the moment I'm doing backup and preparing for new install.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!