SnapRAID Options

• Hey guys,
    recently started using OMV and finding it awesome!
    Set up snapraid and aufs on the pc with 1x4tb parity and 1x4tb + 3x2tb data.
    Seems to be working well however I have failed to understand wether the plugin sets up cron jobs for sync/scrub/check automatically?
    If not, what is the recommended way to go about that? How can I set up an email when a failure is detected and such?
    Another thing I wanted to ask is wether there is a point to using snapraid's 'pool' option since I am already using aufs?

Finally and a little off topic: what is the recommended approach to scheduling s.m.a.r.t. tests? how often and which ones?

Cheers!

• I'm writing a script to do "snapraid diff" with email. For the cron job, I'll reply again, when the script is ready to use.

There is no need to use SR "Pool" option, if you have aufs running

SMART tests? I'm using short and long tests once a week. Don't know, if it is enough/too much

• I'm writing a script to do "snapraid diff" with email. For the cron job, I'll reply again, when the script is ready to use.

There is no need to use SR "Pool" option, if you have aufs running

SMART tests? I'm using short and long tests once a week. Don't know, if it is enough/too much

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for your script!
    Why 'snapraid diff' tho? Shouldnt it be 'snapraid check' or something of the sorts?
    At the moment I am running 'snapraid status' as a cron job and I enabled the 'email output' option in OMV's web interface. Actually seems pretty good and easy to manage. As a last resort if I need it I can always write up a small script too but I was hoping for some simple way. Feels like it should be something incorporated into the plugin or something of the sorts.

• Thx, but it is running on python, which I don't know ;(
    Also you have to enter your mail adress again. In my script it is read from the omv-config

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!