server problems or my network unrealiable

• I have been using OMV for years, updated often, never had a single issue.
    I have now created anew NAS for a friend with vers 0.4.32 (Fedaihyn). I installed the OMV plugins....then can't update, can not install any additional plugin. I get the same error each time, on both NAS servers.
    same story from command line (apt-get update)
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'sudo apt-get update': Ign file: Release.gpg
    Ign file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/ Translation-en
    Ign file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/ Translation-en_US
    Ign file: Release
    Err http://packages.omv-plugins.org fedaykin Release.gpg
    Got a single header line over 360 chars [IP: 104.28.30.66 80]
    Err http://packages.openmediavault.org fedaykin Release.gpg
    Got a single header line over 360 chars
    Err http://packages.omv-plugins.org/ fedaykin/main Translation-en
    Got a single header line over 360 chars [IP: 104.28.31.66 80]
    Err http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release.gpg
    Got a single header line over 360 chars [IP: 212.211.132.32 80]
    Err http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/ fedaykin/main Translation-en
    Got a single header line over 360 chars

Does anyone confirm if this is an issue with my Internet provider or with the repository?
    any suggestion is wellcome
    thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why OMV 0.4 on a new server? The omv-plugins.org repo has been shutdown. I recommend using OMV 1.0.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have now created anew NAS for a friend with vers 0.4.32 (Fedaihyn).

Why would you do that ? Why 0.4? We are on 1.0 for stable now...

I installed the OMV plugins....then can't update, can not install any additional plugin.

Wonders me how you could even install a Plugin for 0.4 unless you copied the cached version from your NAS. The repo for 0.4 is down for some weeks now.

Does anyone confirm if this is an issue with my Internet provider or with the repository?

Exactly. The 0.4 Repo is down, and the Domain will be taken offline by the end of the Year. For your friend, hook him up with a fresh 1.0 install. For yourself, migrate to 1.0 or consider a full reinstallation of 1.0.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I see...the problem is worse than I thought...I didn't migrate to 5.0 because it was missing many plugings at that time, how is the situation now?
    all I use are transmission and minidnla are these available ?

second and most important :
    I have 2 NAs wiht 8 and 6 Tbyte fully functional and workig well: can I upgrade to 1.0 without risking to loose data?
    thanks

• all I use are transmission and minidnla are these available ?

Yes.

can I upgrade to 1.0 without risking to loose data?

Yes. But via update you may run into a small bug which needs fixing so that your drives get mounted again. It's best to reinstall from scratch.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• thia means I can rebuild the boot Hd witn OMV1.0x distribution and it will recognize the raid?
    I can rebuild manually all the shares, may take time, still feasiblel, but what about transmission and minidnla? I found on the forum indication minidnla is available, but nothing about transmission...still missing?

I will install OMV 1.0 on the New NAS...still empty..after the raid has is fully funtional.
    but for the otyher 2...I will still wait until I know more about the upgrade.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Read here. Just about all of the 0.4 plugins are available (only svn and git are not available) and many more.

If you upgrade or install fresh, it will recognize the raid. Just recreate the shares like you mentioned. Practice the upgrade in a VM. The bug David referred to should be fine your situation (only affects people who upgraded to 1.0.24 and added a drive).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• great...I have been reading the OMV-extra web page, all needed plugins are now available... I ike Snapraid, will give it a try too.

now can you give me link for upgrade instructions from 0.4 to 1.0.x? I guess it will be faster than rebuilding everything...at least I can try on the new nas ....
    thanks

• Looks like I can't do an update/upgrade not even to 0.5 ; the server http://ftp.it.debian.org(debian/dist/squeeze-updates..... is down.
    anytihng I try will result in an error .
    either: (-5 -No address asssociation with hostname)
    or: Got a single header line over 360 chars

only way is to rebuild from scratch, right?

thanks for the help

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also recommend a fresh install but if you want to upgrade, you need to remove the omv-plugins list file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

Then you will have to upgrade from 0.4 to 0.5 and then to 1.0. I have done it once and it worked fine but I can't promise that.

• I bet a clean install is faster especially fo a new NAS.
    so I have theopportunity to test it; the Raid is completed, so I can just copy few files and I will se if after he upgrade everyhing is as expected. Later on I will decide to make a clean installation for the other 2 I have at home.
    I have been keeping the NAS uptodate for a while, but with version 0.5 and the 2 main plugins, I was using, were notavailable I decided to stay with my old good working version 0.4.38...still running as a charm since 2012.
    I love OMV...what can I say, this is the 3rd NAS I make. When done I will post the impression on ver. 1.0.x...Honestly I was not well impressed with 0.5

The OMV guys are keeping up with the great work as usual...
    Thanks for all the suggestions and the clear support...
    will gbet back soon with comments on OMV 1.0

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!