OMV Web access not working. Sarduaka

• Hi Guys,

I'm having problems with my omv sarduaka.

I've made no changes recently other then apply updates.

I can access via ssh, installed plugins appear to work, Plex, calibre, tranmission, cups.

I'm also able to access all shares.

But i'm not able to access the web gui.

I've tried running omv-firstaid and reset settings, I attempted to set the port for the web interface, I pressed enter but it comes up with the following;

Code
    root@omv-srv:~# omv-firstaid
    Configuring network interface. Please wait ...

Sometimes it will come up with a failed error, generally it just hangs at Please Wait.....

Code
    Updating web administration settings. Please wait ...
    Failed to execute RPC (service=WebGui, method=setSettings).
    root@omv-srv:~#

I've tried apt-get re-install omv but still unable to access.

Michael

• what does the syslog say. Check "dmesg" for errors.

Do you have a USB-Stick as the system-drive?
    If yes, then please change it with a HDD and reinstall. Your USB-Stick is damaged.

• Thanks for the quick reply,

The System drive is a 64G SSD I couldnt see any errors that stood out, I would have included the output but its more then 10000 characters.

Is there anything in particular I should be looking for?

Here is a sample;

Michael

• Pastebin it if its too long for the forum.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I looked at my emails from my omv, just before the web gui stopped working the resources maxed out, and apache not found.

I tried restarting apache and got the following;

Code
    root@omv-srv:~# service apache2 restart
    apache2: Syntax error on line 203 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authnz_external.load: No such file or directory
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
     failed!
    root@omv-srv:~#

Regards
    Michael

• Thanks tekkb,

I had to hunt down the command for removing the module.

Code
    rm -f /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authnz_external.load

I was then able to restart apache2 and now have the web gui up.

There still seems to be a problem though, my cpu usage is at 50% and climbing.

Regards

Michael

• That's Ok :) I had seen a post about a similar issue, but it was a couple of years old, thats where I found the command.

mmm that didnt copy and paste as easy as I thought it would.

Anyway it looks like 12.5% raid5 and 3.8% resync are the top process's in cpu usage.

I'm off to bed myself now, I'll check it again in the morning.

Cheers

Michael

• Hi Tekkb,

The resync appears to have finished, but omv still seems to ramp up over a 9 hour period and then crash.

Here is the top output after about 2 hours running time.

There is also no raid listed in raid management.

Michael

• Hi WastlJ,

I have had the backports installed, but now it is not showing, after having a bit more of a look around, it looks like my shares are not listed in the web interface, even though they are working.

Edit: They did come up but it took a while.

Michael

• Mike, are you sure you are reading your top correctly? Line 3 in your output above are the total of where the cpu's resources are being used and always equals 100 percent. You have not showed output with really high cpu usage. It can bounce around a lot depending on what is going on but should idle really low. Show a output when it seems to be idling high.

• Hi Guys,

I even tried restarting the system a couple of times last night, in the end it became unresponsive so I left it and had a nights sleep.
    This morning it was still stuck displaying something along the lines of services onhold for 120sec.

So I restarted again, this time after quota checks the login prompt appeared, but I had no ssh, so I plugged in a KB and ran omv-firstaid and setup the network.

At this point the system appears normal and all services are running.

I'll let you know if the system is still stable tonight when I get home from work.

Michael

• Hi All,
    So Far So Good, server has been stable for a day and a half with out any dramas.
    Not sure what caused the problem.
    Not even sure what fixed it.
    But thank you all for your help.

Regards
    Michael

• Hi All,

Sorry to say that I am unable to access the web interface again.
    Installed app web interfaces appear ok, printing, plex, transmission, calibre.

I can ssh in and run top, but there is nothing running and using resources like last time.

just a communication error when I try to access the web interface.

Michael

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!