[GUIDE] Sickbeard+SABnzbd+Couchpotato Guide [OLD]

• Give me a day or 2 and i will try and figure out why you can't run it and others can. I did read on subsonic forum about this so dont think its omv related.

Would you like me to add an option to install 4.6 as that was last offical release where as 4.7 is beta.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Zitat von "jhmiller"

Give me a day or 2 and i will try and figure out why you can't run it and others can. I did read on subsonic forum about this so dont think its omv related.

Would you like me to add an option to install 4.6 as that was last offical release where as 4.7 is beta.

Thanks Jhmiller for the reply.

I started a thread over at subsonic and with some help I feel I have it narrowed down to either a corrupt download (doubt it as others dont have an issue), or a java issue.

I think mine is a java issue as the subsonic log shows an error extracting subsonic.war from /usr/share/subsonic/ ( i know it's there) to /var/subsonic/jetty/3060.

So i then tried to run jar tvf /usr/share/subsonic/subsonic.war to manually extract the war file, this gave me a bash java error. So the shell script can't extract the war file and i can't extract the war file manually.

So other than a java issue i guess it could be a permissions issue, but as i'm logged in as root i can't see that being the issue either.

Maybe if some iother iser can see if the jar command works for them this way i can narrow it right down to a java issue. and rather than trying to extract a war file you could run jar tvf <somefile>.war. This will only show the contents.

I was looking at the subsonic directory and already thought about changing the download to 4.6, but figured it was not worth the time as I feel pretty strong that for me it's a java issue.

Oh yeah i ran java -version and it shows i have java version "1.6.0_18"

I will see if i can troubleshoot some more after i put my boy's to bed.

• Could you run
    apt-get purge openjdk-6-jre

then restart server and download latest version and retry the Headphones install.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks
    Miller

• if this was directed to me? i tried but still have the error in my subsonic log about java.util.zip.zipexception: error in opening file.

You know i installed the 64bit version of omv, what is everyone else running?

• Yes it was aimed at you. Did you delete the old omv.sh file before downloading a new 1? as it will get renamed to omv.sh.1 and you will end up rnning the old version.

• Zitat von "jhmiller"

Yes it was aimed at you. Did you delete the old omv.sh file before downloading a new 1? as it will get renamed to omv.sh.1 and you will end up rnning the old version.

Brother you rock, it's working.

here's what i did.

service subsonic stop

removed subsonic with = apt-get purge subsonic, had errors. (directory is full)

so i ran = rm -r the /var/subsonic directory.

then ran = apt-get purge openjdk-6-jre, went through the setup.

Then i ran = rm /omv.sh

Rebooted, re-ran script.

Now it works. :D

• Glad you got there in the end, its a good program that i use most days.

• Quick question about adding folders.

The default folder is /var/music, which is on sda.

I have been trying to add the music folder on sdg1, so i added /dev/sdg1/music.
    I also tried /sdg1/music

I thought maybe is was a permission issue. I looked on the acl for sdg1 but subsonic is not in the list.
    Can someone please explain how you add a music folder from a different drive?

Thanks

• you need to do it like
    /media/LONG_NUMBER/...

My music path is
    /media/a8f86587-4de3-4f9e-8f92-0ab2543e7747/DiskB/Music

• Been trying all day to get this working on a fresh install of OMV. Its not having it at all. It doesnt look like OMV has python installed by default. i also had to install the keychain still before it actually installed anything. SAB was the only thing it would install and that would not work because it didnt have python installed.

I dont know enough about linux to be able to troubleshoot this, but i'm guessing if it doesnt work on a fresh, out of the box version of OMV then there is something up with the script?

• wierd mine ran from the start does the script prompt any errors when you run it. what packages from the script are you installing just sabz?

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• i'm selecting 2.6 and all of the apps, i've tried with 2.7 too but no. this was all in a test vm.

i've just received my hp proliant n70l now so i'm about to run teh script on a fresh build of OMV on that

• nah, getting the exact same problem. none of the files are being created. weirdly except for SAB which seems to have been installed (doesnt work though)
    get the following messages: (same ones for all of the other apps)
    Downloading and installing Headphones...
    mv: cannot stat `/tmp/new_HP': No such file or directory
    ./omv.sh: line 753: /headphones/config.ini: No such file or directory
    Setting up startup options

even ran under sudo and am logged in as root anyway so that prob doesnt make any difference

• Sorry i have not replyed till now but did not get notified of new posts.

TBH i have no clue whats going on as if it can install SABnzbd then it should be able to install the other python based apps as they install in the same way (git clone)

2.6/2.7 input will only ever install 2.6(for now) its in place for when i decide to divert to the 2.7 install section that is also in the script(it you divert yourself, DON'T BLAME ME it it crashes your system) I have tested a few times but need more tests to be 100% sure its safe.

1. Do you install to default folders or change?
    2. What apps are you installing?
    3. Can you run
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
    4. Any Errors?
    5. Any thing else you think might be an issue.

Miller

• Hi,

I am new to Linux and managed to get Sabnzbd installed and working but I get a message something about Unrar not being able to work or installed, just wanted to know how I would go about automatically unraring my downloads?

Also I shut down Sabnzbd, how can I start the program back up?

Thanks.

• To restart Sab, in a shell type
    service SABnzbd start

• service SABnzbd start

did you type it as it is including caps

If you did can you do a
    ls /etc/init.d

and look for SABnzbd, it should be there as program did run and would not have run if that file is not there.

• hello , i'm french so excuse my english !
    I have tried to install this fXXXck sabnzbd many times this week , using rm command after each try
    but nothing work and when i try the service SABnzbd start
    i have this :
    root@nas:/# service SABnzbd start
    grep: /SABnzbd/sabnzbd.ini: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
    Starting SABnzbd+ binary newsgrabber:The Python module Cheetah is required
    failed!

Is there a problem with Phyton 2.6 intstallation ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!