[GUIDE] Sickbeard+SABnzbd+Couchpotato Guide [OLD]

• THIS TOPIC IS NOW CLOSED. A NEW TOPIC HAS BEEN STARTED HERE.

Hi all,

Seen as how the old forum isn't being used anymore I thought I'd move one of the more popular threads regarding setting up Sickbeard, SABnzbd etc on OpenMediaVault.

This assumes you have a working OMV server and have SSH enabled.

1) SSH into your servers IP address via your chosen terminal program: I use Putty for Windows but the normal Terminal in Linux or MAC Osx would do it just as good. If using Linux or Mac OS you would use the following command in the terminal

Code
    ssh root@<ip address> - replace "<ip address>" with the IP address of your server

When prompted enter the password for the root user (chosen during the OMV install)

2) Once your logged in via SSH type following commands 1 by 1 and in this order:

Code
    cd /
    wget http://jamied.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/omv.sh
    chmod +x /omv.sh
    ./omv.sh

This will then run the script which is just a series of questions asking which applications you want to install and do you want stable or BETA versions etc.

3) Following this through and once its finished it will present you with a list of the URLs that you need to access each application.

This is a very basic guide with no screenshots at the moment.

edit: I will try and update this post with screenshots over the weekend as the script has grown massivly since it was first released. Massive thanks to jhmiller for his continued work on this project.

Code
    Notes:
    1) SabNZbd update command. "/etc/init.d/SABnzbd update" via terminal window

mcloum

• This is awesome, and I've got all the utilities installed. (Still need to configure them)

One question though: Is there a way to add links in OMV, ideally under services, out to these tools? They are all on random ports and it's tough to remember what is where.

• I am working on this. I have tried a few options and will add somthing to the script when im happy. Just so its clear, it will have links to the webui's, show whats downloading in SABnzbd/Transmission, show upcomming Tv and last downloaded Tv, it will also show in the main OMV webui (not sure under what menu yet)

This is an add on made by somone else, if i find a few to choose from i may post here to check what you guys would like.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Zitat von "jhmiller"

I am working on this. I have tried a few options and will add somthing to the script when im happy. Just so its clear, it will have links to the webui's, show whats downloading in SABnzbd/Transmission, show upcomming Tv and last downloaded Tv, it will also show in the main OMV webui (not sure under what menu yet)

This is an add on made by somone else, if i find a few to choose from i may post here to check what you guys would like.

sounds perfect to me. I just find myself forgetting which app is on which port.

• I'm using this script a week ago, but there's a new version for SABnzbd but how can I update this software? In the GUI there's an update warning, but that's a link to the setup. How can I do this in OMV?

• Yes guys that was changed as soon as i seen the new release.

If you only installed a week ago you can do
    service SABnzbd update

It will stop, update then restart SABnzbd.

BTW, i am holiday in Turkey right now so wont be able to do much on the script while i am here.

• I've a problem with Headphones, I can't access the webinterface anymore how can I completely remove this addon and reinstall? I've tried sudo apt-get remove headphones but it doesn't reckonize the package.

• Zitat von "hari-bo"

I've a problem with Headphones, I can't access the webinterface anymore how can I completely remove this addon and reinstall? I've tried sudo apt-get remove headphones but it doesn't reckonize the package.

As the program isnt install via APT it cant be uninstalled that way. Did you try "service headphones restart"? If not try that and see what happens. Did you change the default port headphones? What information does 'netstat -a | egrep 'Proto|LISTEN' give you?

• I've tried restarting the service and get this output;
    start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 15409: No such process
    1 pids were not killed
    No process in pidfile '/var/run/headphones.pid' found running; none killed.

Then I've reinstalled Headphones with the omv.sh script, after installing the service is not running.
    Then I've started Headphones service headphones start, but still no console.

• You are using port 8181 arent you?

I havent started services the way you have in the past, not sure that makes a difference but try

Code
    /etc/init.d/headphones start|restart

(choose start or restart) if the command returns no result and gives you a blank line then try waiting 5 or so seconds while the service starts and see if you can access the GUI via http://<ip address>:8181

• I have added GameZ install into the script but as it needs python 2.7 it does not work. I have been working on a way of installing python2.7 but this needs to be done in a way that does not mess with python2.6 as its files are used at a system level so a wrong install could stop OMV from working. I have done a few installs with it and so far i have not ran into any problems. The script will ask you if you want to use 2.7 but until i am happy with the install it will always use 2.6 even if you choose 2.7.

I had wanted to use a page to display the apps installed and links to open each one, this proved to hard so instead i have added the option to add links to OMV's side menu. If you already have the apps installed and want the links added to your setup, just run the script and at the prompt just after the folder location option press Q, this will install the links without re-installing the apps again.

Let me know what you think.

Miller

• Mak sure you delete any old copies of the script before downloading new script as it will just rename new version to omv.sh.1

A friend just tested this for me and it works. you can tell if your running latest script as first question will be about installing python 2.7

• A quick heads up if things don't quite work out...

Following running the script, I discovered that the programs hadn't been installed. The issue seemed to be two-fold - the GPG key for the deb-multimedia.org repository hadn't been imported and my firewall decided that I wasn't allowed access to github using git.

These problems were easily fixed by doing the following:

1. Install the deb-multimedia-keyring package

Code
    # apt-get install deb-multimedia-keyring

2. Edit the omv.sh script to use http rather than git to download from github (just replace git:// with http:// )

• The script does install the keyring package so not sure what happened there.

I'm not sure about what happened with 2., maybe site was down but was back up after you edited the script? as both should work. Could you just test again in shell by doing another git pull from http://, if it still fails i will try to add a fall back option to use http:// instead.

Thanks for the input.

• I have had this problem for a while now. Couchpotato v2 does not have any default profiles, for downloading. Because of this i cannot download anything. Anybody had this problem before??

• Do you mean quality profiles?

If so, other users have reported this and i am affaid i can offer no advice apart from stopping CP, removing /root/.couchpotato and then restarting CP to see if that fixes your issues.

I have tried too many times to get this error and i can not so dont know why some get it and some don't.

Did you run the script as root? this is the only thing i can think of why it may not have installed correctly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!