Update 0.5 to 1.0 - some minor bugs so I have some questions - Virtualbox, Nginx, OMV-Extra and WebGUI

• Hi geeks!

When I did the update to 0.5 to 1.0 OMV. The only errors I had are VirtualBox (which I do not understand why he un-installed the package) and there was an error nginx I have not had time to see since the update c 'is completed.

This part leaves me very confused because Nginx I know nothing, except that it's supposed to replace apache and when I try the [omv-mkconf nginx] it says "script not found" (or some thing like that).

VirtualBox, I try somehow to install a new but it bug. I try Purge but it bug, I try to recreate the dependencies [apt-get -f install] puts all that's missing to run VBOX but it still bug. That's the least of my worries.

What makes me most confused is when I am under the OMV webGUI, I always 0.5.60 (Sardaukar) .. is this normal? Surely not!

Thank you enlighten my little lantherne :)

NeurOSick
    Hardware ASRock N68C-GS, AMD FX-4100 8GB RAM
    OMV3 Distro + OMV-Extra + Docker + OpenVPN = Unlimited possibilities!

• When a package has a problem while running omv-release-uograde it blocks the upgrade to 1.0.

So, run omv-release-upgrade and post the whole error here, without it we can't help you.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• ok now I try to re-update.. but when I make sure I'm running the latest OMV 0.5 Version by running this command :

apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && omv-update

(I try to traduct in english)
    It will return to me need dependency (all is related to virtualbox4.3 libpython 2.6/network/opengl/gui4)), run apt-get -f install
    after that : Running VM's found Virtualbox is currently running, please close it and try again.

After that, I try to stop all vbox service manuelly in /etc/init.d... nothing.. after that I try to remove purge etc.. virtualbox but is showing me the same message each time.

Now I dont know what I need to do.... please help! :)

NeurOSick

• Do you mind if I assist you via Teamviewer?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• no problems. but I have some errands before (shopping). I'll contact you via PM when I'll be back to see if you're still available.

But do you think the update via putty?

NeurOSick

• But do you think the update via putty?

Huh? Don't understand what you ask... but if you ask if we will be able to update via PuTTY, I think we can do that.

Greetings
    David

• You still shopping?

Greetings
    David

• after attempting the update, I always this message by "Mail Delivery Subsystem"

CRON-APT RUN [/etc/cron-apt/config]: Mon Oct 13 07:35:03 EDT 2014
    CRON-APT SLEEP: 1274, Mon Oct 13 07:56:17 EDT 2014
    CRON-APT ACTION: 3-download
    CRON-APT LINE: /usr/bin/apt-get -o quiet=1 dist-upgrade -d -y -o APT::Get::Show-Upgraded=true
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these.
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    virtualbox-4.3 : Depends: libpython2.6 (>= 2.6) but it is not installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

NeurOSick

• Send me your Teamviewer Credentials via Conversation/PM. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Solved by killing the process virtualbox. (with the help of davidh2k)

many tanks!

NeurOSick

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von NeurOSick ()

• not totaly resolved

I try to uninstall sickbeard plugins and dpkg return a fail error again..
    After I look on the update section via webUI and when I try to update all libs suggested it show me this message

virtualbox again.. any idea?

NeurOSick

• ok the problem was resolved by apt-get -f install and upgrade

but the problem came again when I try to uninstall sickbeard plugin.. how can I uninstall manually?

NeurOSick

• Each time a try to install or remove a plugins I have this

The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
    libaudio2 libmng1 libqt4-network libqt4-opengl libqtgui4 libtiff4
    virtualbox-4.3

NeurOSick

• no, the problem is more big,

When I install a plugin the system remove auomaticaly all this vbox4.3 + lib's above mentioned.

When I try to uninstall the plugins the system show me this (a test with snapraid plugin but it does so with all) :

If I do apt-get autoremove he does not want to remove them. Because it tells me that a process is still running vbox. Then he removes all the libs. This causes me a lot of errors. Then I have to restart apt-get -f install and that it fixes all the problems .. but then .. as soon as I try to do anything that is .. he told me to launch autoremove. I'm going crazy with this update. Davidh2k already gave me a hand and fixed bugs along the way, but without him I'll never made it there. Still I find myself with the same bugs at the beginning.

regard's

NeurOSick

• NeurOSick, stop virtualbox service, uninstall it (openmediavault-virtualbox), then try to install the plugin you want to and after that reinstall virtualbox.

Greetings
    David

• I try to stop all services related to vbox but when I try to uninstall virtualbox-4.3 I have always this message :

Running VMs found

VirtualBox is currently running. Please close it and try again. Please
    note that it can take up to ten seconds for VirtualBox (in particular
    the VBoxSVC daemon) to finish running.

And another thing when I launch apt-get remove openmediavault-virtualbox I have something like that : The package openmediavault-virtualbox is not installed.

And... Because this problem I am not even able to perform updates

NeurOSick

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von NeurOSick ()

• ps aux | grep vbox

Then:

kill ID

Greetings
    David

• thank you very much, you know, I had almost no knowledge before I started with ubuntu server and change to openmediavault debian. It is through the sympathetic guys like you that I learned. thank you again!

NeurOSick

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!