Remote share plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope. It won't even use it. The plugin just needs a shared folder to mount to.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I've set up the USB this evening with the remoteshare plugin, and it seemed to be working fine except for when I want to save a file to where the share is mounted. It's saving it to the USB stick :S

So I've set an xfs filesystem on the usb stick, created a shared folder on it, and used that shared folder to mount my remote share to. On the server, I can cd into /media/uid/ - and see my remote system files! great.

The trouble is, I'm using a TVtuner on this server and I've set its recording path to /media/uid/folder/on/remote/share and for some strange reason it's recording the shows to the USB stick! rather than the remote share. I can make a directory just fine from the cli on the remote share, so it beats me as to why it's recording directly to the USBs storage rather than the share that's mounted on it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is recording the shows? Some programs won't follow a symlink.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• tvheadend. From looking at the logs it looks as though it's a permission problem. Perhaps the remote server needs the same user to be present?

Code
    Oct  8 23:09:05 microserver tvheadend[2100]: dvr: "Downfall" on "BBC FOUR HD" recorder starting
    Oct  8 23:09:06 microserver tvheadend[2100]: subscription: "DVR: Downfall" subscribing on "BBC FOUR HD", weight: 300, adapter: "Sony CXD2820R (DVB-T/T2)", network: "London", mux: "London: 570,000 kHz", provider: "", service: "BBC FOUR HD", quality: 100
    Oct  8 23:09:14 microserver tvheadend[2100]: mkv: (null): Unable to create file, open failed -- Permission denied
    Oct  8 23:09:14 microserver tvheadend[2100]: dvr: Recording error: "/media/cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/microserver/Video/Recordings/Downfall/Downfall.mkv": Unable to open file

I've opened up the permissions on the Recordings folder with no luck.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That would definitely cause this issue. Are you mounting the remote share as guest or did you enter a username and password?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Must need a different user for different privileges

• just had the same issue that the "remote shares" plugin did not mount the SMB shares after reboot.
    thanx to the hints in this thread I discovered that the script in
    /etc/network/if-up.d/openmediavault-mountnetdev
    did not have exec right
    >> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1789 Dez 28 14:57 openmediavault-mountnetdev
    a simple
    chmod +x openmediavault-mountnetdev
    did it for me ...

OMV 5 | 64 bit | backport kernels | latest omvextrasorg
    low power Skylake NAS build <= 10 watts idle (4 disks), Fujitsu D3417-B, 16GB ECC RAM, 4x4TB WD Red - RAIDZ1, 128GB M.2 NVMe SSD boot.
    backup NAS HP Proliant N54L, 4GB ECC RAM, 4x4TB WD Red - RAID 5, 30GB SATA boot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should be fixed now in latest package.

• Hello :)

i have an issue after reboot all my NFS shares are not avalible and i have to remove and re add them :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have a non-standard network config?

• Its not none standard ia just connecting to my synology NFS shares ill post some pics soon.

Seems i have something odd going on looks like the unionfile system has changed its path to a directory.... it use to be under one and now its moved

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!