openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• I have made some changes to the plugin locally but in order to test I need to remove the current version, their looks to be issues with the uninstall script as well.

Code
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-mediabrowser (--purge):
     subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     openmediavault-mediabrowser

I have changed it so that it should automatically create the symbolic links to both ffmpeg and ffprobe in /usr/local/bin/ In the remove script I added sections to remove these linked files.

I will have a look at the remove script now to try and see where it is failing

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Fixed the uninstall error :D

I need to pop out for a bit so cant test changes for a bit but if all goes ok is it ok to push changes directly or should I do a pull request?

• Testing went well, I can install, play videos and music files and uninstall all without any problems.

1 question, should the service be running before it is enabled in the plugin? I noticed that after its installed the service is running even though it is disabled in the plugin.

• I noticed that too. It should not be enabled. Also, the package that is installed needs to be repackaged with fixes. On the Roku app it connects but on the Chrome app is doesn't even connect. So there are still some issues.

• Testing went well, I can install, play videos and music files and uninstall all without any problems.

1 question, should the service be running before it is enabled in the plugin? I noticed that after its installed the service is running even though it is disabled in the plugin.

:D8o:D mediabrowser for me in comparison to plex just kicks ass with all the extra features u get

• Put your mouse over to upper left,
    a home tab pops out,
    click on meta data manager,
    click on music,
    then on right click on advanced refresh

After that is done the Album Artists, Artists and Genre's data will be downloaded and show up.
    Also, it is working on the Roku app now.

Chrome extension does not even connect.

• I have spent the last few hours looking to have the service not running when first installed. Its a minor issue but its bugging me.
    Everytime the service is not running when the plugin is install the datadir is empty (/var/lib/mediabrowser)

I can push the little I have done so far

• I have spent the last few hours looking to have the service not running when first installed. Its a minor issue but its bugging me.
    Everytime the service is not running when the plugin is install the datadir is empty (/var/lib/mediabrowser)

I can push the little I have done so far

Will it cause any problems ?

• In the postinst he does not have it enabled. So somewhere past that.

the init script is coming from /deb/mediabrowser.init I changed the run group to nogroup

miller he runs a mkonf in the postinst file.

I still don't see where it is getting enabled...

push if you didn't

• I cant remove the call as it is needed to download the files. Its strange as I can't see where the files that are in the datadir are coming from unless mediabrowser downloads them on its first run?

I have tried adding a service stop right at the end of the postinst file, that worked but then the datadir is empty, I even added a long sleep before stopping just incase it needs to run a little longer to populate the datadir but still it is empty.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you remove the omv-mkconf line in postinst, it won't install the program.

It must be starting on install because it is disabled on line 33 of mkconf (if not enabled).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I think if you did not have a good purge it is still enabled. I had that happen once but the next time I purged everything out it was not enabled on reinstall.

I would push what you have and do version upgrade. See what happens.

I'm going to purge everything.

• Added changes to github.

One thing I did notice is that it looks like it is starting after the post install script has finished and that's why I can't stop it during that phase.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!