openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ter%40%7B1day%7D...master
    Will show what little has changed, easy to see and undo.

If it were me I would keep ffmpeg in the default location (/var....) and use the startup method to point to it. The ffmpeg you get with debian via apt-get is not as good (IMHO) as the one supplied with the app.
    This would mean deleting all rm commands in the script that relate to ffmpeg.

I am home now on dinner break so can go into much detail but will be around after 5pm uk time.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Why not move the ffmpeg folder to the /opt/mediabrowser folder before the moving the /var/lib/mediabrowser to the data drive. I looked at how they were installing on the mediabrowser website and they used the nogroup, or nobody, as the group. I really think it should stay as the nogroup.

Has anyone tried running it before the move to the data drive to see if things work perfect?

• If it were me I would keep ffmpeg in the default location (/var....) and use the startup method to point to it. The ffmpeg you get with debian via apt-get is not as good (IMHO) as the one supplied with the app.
    This would mean deleting all rm commands in the script that relate to ffmpeg.

I have news about this. The mediabrowser server downloads ffmpeg upon first run. So that's why Balsak couldn't use mb. As it's on first run it won't be available to move at the installation. It's now there because the issue on the installation script that starts the service.
    And it wont run in a data drive with noexec.

Two options there:
    Drop the ability to change the cache folder location and store in fixed place and with necessary ownership.
    Supply ffmpeg (x64/x86/Arm...). And if the program does that, perhaps will do the same for other components in the future.

The Chome extension issue may be related, as it uses H264.

As I get home I'll study it's ffmpeg dowloaded copy.

• As those mates told they found ffmepg on the cache folder, It's possible to copy it to opt/mediabrowser and then use my instructions to feed the program with it.

I fear having to build ffmpeg for every architecture there. Right now I'm betting on another solution.

• I am personally not a fan of option one, i have one hardisk only for databases (mysql, plex, homepage, ect.). So if possible i would appreciate if i can do the same with mediabrowser

btw. thank you guys especially Sergio for the hard work

• I am personally not a fan of option one, i have one hardisk only for databases (mysql, plex, homepage, ect.). So if possible i would appreciate if i can do the same with mediabrowser

Eraxar, you already have the option to configure component folder locations in the mediabrowser admin gui. IIRC that's on the first page around the end. If you play with them, please take care as they didn't have the problems we experienced this weekend.

But if you do it a try, (testing please) perhaps you could give me your opinion for a whole pack of letting config/ffmepg in default /var/lib/mediabrowser and metadata/art/transcoding in a data disk (subfolder!)

• yesterday after some testing i added a new movie to the database, wored so far but didnt autmativly downloaded the poster ect. so i tried it manually via the metadata Editor but i i choose a poster an hit download it throw me back to the dashbaord Settings and logged me out, some have a idea whats the Problem is?

• hmm if i understand you correct its ok for me, impotand for me is that the metadata/cache is on extra disk (subfolder)
    and actually this works now :)

I forgot to mention that you have a check on the admin pane that forces MB to store metadata+art just besides the media files, like XBMC does. And if you configure the metadata you can make it compatible with XMBC and PLEX. I have it configured that way so I get the metadata with media companion and then when I use whatever service it has the same library looks.
    As I use media companion, I also have unchecked the option to get those things from internet, so it doesn't download anything that I don't want. But that's a personal choice.

yesterday after some testing i added a new movie to the database, wored so far but didnt autmativly downloaded the poster ect. so i tried it manually via the metadata Editor but i i choose a poster an hit download it throw me back to the dashbaord Settings and logged me out, some have a idea whats the Problem is?

No idea. May be a MB bug. I had permission issues and it simply didn't save the image.

• I forgot to mention that you have a check on the admin pane that forces MB to store metadata+art just besides the media files, like XBMC does. And if you configure the metadata you can make it compatible with XMBC and PLEX. I have it configured that way so I get the metadata with media companion and then when I use whatever service it has the same library looks.
    As I use media companion, I also have unchecked the option to get those things from internet, so it doesn't download anything that I don't want. But that's a personal choice.

yep normaly do it the same way with ember media Manager yesterday was only a test if all working

• That is weird. pid file should be removed with stop.

If stale PID file deletion was done when stopping, it wouldn't be stale. If the service is shut correctly, there's no stale pid to delete. It's only there in case of halt/poweroff/etc..

when you use it in the pasts on the Roku with Roku's client app you have the channel showing that you installed, yes or no???

You meant the Roku's webpage? Yes, but on purchase history. I remember end in some page that also showed my channels, but now I can't find it. (perhaps only after a purchase)
    You meant the Roku interface? Definitely.

I read your edits and now I understand better (I think so :S yo, stin**** ****)
    Please, please. That button is meant to enter the admin gui. It only has wrong text because some faint just copied it from other plugin. :P
    But I like to enter MB admin from OMV admin. You are OMV configuring-> continue configure on MB.
    If you want to enter as user use the normal url.
    Client tab will disappear. It doesn't bring any benefits (you still need NAT, on chrome there are issues, etc...)

I would like a button for restart, only if it's difficult to push it by accident.

Those channels not showing on roku app and needing for a mb restart are odd issues. Truly, I would give the original plugin with default /var/lib/mediabrowser a go and see that those issues aren't there. I don't have'm.

You will get angry when I revert the plugin sources to it's original state. :rolleyes:

Just a note: I guess you have noticed that every time the service starts it goes wild and keeps CPU and HD at high usage. You may have navigated to schedules in the admin gui and seen that there are a handful of task doing at service start. One of them being complete library scan.
    Some, as me, may think that he don't needs to rescan the library because he manually adds art and rescans, So you will deactivate those tasks.
    Well, there's a bug/missing feature that causes that whenever library is not scanned during the starting, no library/contents and possibly channels are there.

• Call me sharp, but please, leave this post for mediabrowser plugin users. We can talk about development in other places so followers don't get notifications for our stuff, but only issues and new versions. (I'm thinking when I must clean that)
    Ok?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!