openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• Most people that are running Kodi are not using Emby. Kodi is good for local use but I don't think it has all the remote (being able to watch your movies when you are away from home) functionality that Emby has.

True but that not means Emby server is not useful for Kodi clients.

I know from first hand experience that Emby server is able to serve media very well to clients running Kodi with "Emby for kodi" addon even on WAN scenarios.

Yesterday a friend of mine was able to watch movies (up to 80 GB MKV sized movies) from my collection SMOOTHLY , the stream was using "direct play" mode in Emby server (no transcode, no container change).

You only need a good upload speed (+100 Mb) on server side and also a good download speed on client side (+100).

This was not local...I live in Spain and my friend is in UK. :)

• i use Emby and Plex remotely. They work great without Kodi. You sometimes have to make adjustments on the client side, remote vs. local, but it works really well. I have not spent anytime using Kodi. I use Fire TVs (plex and emby apps) for the clients and totally satisfied with it.

• @tekkb Hello and welcome back,

I hope everything is fine again with your doughter.

Do you plan to port the plugin to omv3?

If not, it's ok, we have the manual solution with the suse repo and a emby docker container.

But it would be interesting to know, because "a lot of" users were irritated because of missing the omv-emby-plugin, also in the german kodinerds forum.

Which way do you use at the moment?

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 25k in two weeks? Crazy, seemingly I am in the wrong job. ;)

Greetings

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hi guys,

I received Emby keys expired, anybody has this issue?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Hi guys,

I received Emby keys expired, anybody has this issue?

Jup had the same issue.
    This should fix it:

Code
    wget -nv http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:emby/Debian_Next/Release.key -O Release.key

sudo apt-key add - < Release.key
    sudo apt-get update

From https://emby.media/community/i…/49331-expired-key-issue/

• I just recently installed OMV3 and installed Emby using the debian method. I've seen some posts saying that this will make upgrading difficult, recommending instead to install using the apt-tool instead (wish I had seen them before installing using the debian method tho').

Should I remove the "debian method" install and install using the apt-tool. Is there a guide? I've searched but haven't found one (although I've found mentions of one).

EDIT: Of course, a minute after I post, I find the guide

It's better to install via apt-tool than debian method, correct?

• Any news about this plug-in?
    I want to try Emby since plex is getting worse every release!

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any news about this plug-in?
    I want to try Emby since plex is getting worse every release!

I still don't see a need for the plugin. You can add the repo with omv-extras and install it with the apt-tool plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• My bad, never tried this way! I installed everything only using plug-ins :(

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

I installed everything only using plug-ins

Technically, you are using two plugins to install it. No need to use command line at all. I will make a video of it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is the video installing on a fresh, fully updated OMV 3.x VM with just omv-extras installed at the beginning of the video.

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…b/master/emby_install.gif

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've tried your video but there is a problem with the repo

Could you be more specific what the problem is?

• I'm on OMV 2.2.13, and Emby is on Version 3.2.5.0.

I want to update to the latest Emby server, I'm fine on the current OMV. I forgot how I installed Emby, it was maybe 2 yrs ago, but now how do I update it? Do I fall in the same boat as rbarros73 as above and watch the video? If so, do you have the text copy/pasted somewhere, I can't pause the video.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!