openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• OMV 2.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• With the previous method by adding Emby repo under OMV-Extras, that didn't work for me on OMV4.
      I had to install Emby directly too.

Source Code

1. For Debian 9.0 run the following as root:
      2. echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/Debian_9.0/ /' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/home:emby.list
      3. apt-get update
      4. apt-get install emby-server
      OMV v4.0
      Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
      32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro
      4x3TB RAID10
    • tinh_x7 wrote:

With the previous method by adding Emby repo under OMV-Extras, that didn't work for me on OMV4.
      I had to install Emby directly too.
      There is no reason adding that repo to omv-extras and installing emby-server using apttool wouldn't work. They do the exact same thing.
      omv 4.1.9 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.10
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

@b0mb What are you doing here? I thought you are an unraid user? :D

But yes, you are right. The emby docker is great!

Greetings Hoppel
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      frontend software - android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
      frontend hardware - nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2 | harmony smart control
      -------------------------------------------
      backend software - debian | kernel 4.4 lts | proxmox | openmediavault | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | vdr | vnsi | fhem
      backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x4tb wd red | digital devices max s8
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Hi guys.
      I have a problem with my meby-server. I think i can do something but it turned out that I'm a total idiot.
      I've installed emby-server it work like a charm but lately I wanted to have remote acces access.

So i bought thr domain on namecheap - example.club

I've done subdomain - emby.example.club

Then I set up record A to my subdomain on namecheap.

Next I've create certifitcate to my domain and subdomain with letsencrypt

Port forward is done on my router. I have open 8920 and 443 ports

I even set up ddns on router although I have static Ip.

And now the best part:

Omv Gui work well on - example.club with good certifiacate

Emby also work well on emby.example.club:8920 with good certificate but only 10 minutes after restart my server!!:/

What a heck? Does anybody have similar problem like mine? Or maybe i missed something. Or maybe set up reverse proxy - but without Your help i couldn't do that.

Every answer is worth the weight of gold

P.S sorry for my english - it's not perferct i know that:)

Best regards

The post was edited 1 time, last by jakotaki007 ().

• jakotaki007 wrote:

Emby also work well on emby.example.club:8920 with good certificate but only 10 minutes after restart my server!!:/
      It sounds like you've solved all of the difficult issues. Is a 10 minute start delay, a real problem? I suppose the 2nd question might be, how often are you rebooting and why?

I'm running a Pi-hole docker that automatically starts when my server reboots. After the server is up and running, and OMV provides the login screen, it takes 2 or 3 minutes more before the Pi-hole WEB-GUI responds.

The solution? Don't reboot. I have a monthly reboot scheduled, late at night (2:30AM), and that's it. With that schedule and rebooting at 2:30AM, 2 or 3 minutes (or even 10 minutes) is not an inconvenience. The only time I ever see the delay is if I manually restart the Docker.
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing
    • flmaxey wrote:

jakotaki007 wrote:

It sounds like you've solved all of the difficult issues. Is a 10 minute start delay, a real problem? I suppose the 2nd question might be, how often are you rebooting and why?
      I'm running a Pi-hole docker that automatically starts when my server reboots. After the server is up and running, and OMV provides the login screen, it takes 2 or 3 minutes more before the Pi-hole WEB-GUI responds.

The solution? Don't reboot. I have a monthly reboot scheduled, late at night (2:30AM), and that's it. With that schedule and rebooting at 2:30AM, 2 or 3 minutes (or even 10 minutes) is not an inconvenience. The only time I ever see the delay is if I manually restart the Docker.
      Ok so my English is worse than i though:) I'd like to say that it works well only 10 minutes. There is no dealy, I'm rebooting my machine, emby is loading after seconds, then everything is work perfect on https WAN but ONLY 10 minutes then i coulnd remotly open my emby server.
      But less about it, it turned out that not only I have a problem with it and it has nothing to do with OMV but emby server:

emby.media/community/index.php…0-problem-with-wan-https/

so I'm sorry for a headache.
      Maybe someone who has the same problem will find a partial answer here.

Regards
    • jakotaki007 wrote:

Ok so my English is worse than i though:) I'd like to say that it works well only 10 minutes.
      Text only communications has a few limitations.... And, try as I might, I couldn't read anything from the facial expression on your avatar. :)

In any case, I think your English is fine. It would have to be better than my Google translated German.
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing

My Docker Container updated fine to 3.4.1.0. How did you install Emby?
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      frontend hardware - nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2 | harmony smart control
      backend software - debian | kernel 4.4 lts | proxmox | openmediavault | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | vdr | vnsi | fhem
      backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x4tb wd red | digital devices max s8
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Describe what you do to update. Are there any errors?

Sorry, without an error or a description of your steps to update your emby server, there is nothing I/we can do to help you.

I thought the Emby plugin was deprecated?

Use either docker or their .deb for now.

Unless you mean that you installed the .deb manually? You have to grab the new .deb after each update and update yourself until they sort a new repo. The Suse repo is old code and they don’t have a replacement yet. Just wait until Emby tells you there is an update, then wget and dpkg.

Or if you want auto then use docker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I also asked above. He wrote that he installed it manually.

But I also appreciate Emby in a docker container. It works really flawless.

Gotcha. I misread it to start. It’s definitely manual update for now until another repo is sorted. You’ll have Emby tell you X version is available, but it cannot and never will update without you taking action. The need for a new repo has been mentioned, but I think it’s lower on the priorities list right now with the iOS sync being worked on and a plethora of other things. I’m surprised those guys have time to sleep!

Edit: I don’t use docker on this machine, but I think it’s probably the way forward for auto updates right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk