openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• @b0mb What are you doing here? I thought you are an unraid user? :D

But yes, you are right. The emby docker is great!

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hi guys.
    I have a problem with my meby-server. I think i can do something but it turned out that I'm a total idiot.
    I've installed emby-server it work like a charm but lately I wanted to have remote acces access.

So i bought thr domain on namecheap - example.club

I've done subdomain - emby.example.club

Then I set up record A to my subdomain on namecheap.

Next I've create certifitcate to my domain and subdomain with letsencrypt

Port forward is done on my router. I have open 8920 and 443 ports

I even set up ddns on router although I have static Ip.

And now the best part:

Omv Gui work well on - https://example.club with good certifiacate

Emby also work well on https://emby.example.club:8920 with good certificate but only 10 minutes after restart my server!!:/

What a heck? Does anybody have similar problem like mine? Or maybe i missed something. Or maybe set up reverse proxy - but without Your help i couldn't do that.

Every answer is worth the weight of gold

P.S sorry for my english - it's not perferct i know that:)

Best regards

• It sounds like you've solved all of the difficult issues. Is a 10 minute start delay, a real problem? I suppose the 2nd question might be, how often are you rebooting and why?
    I'm running a Pi-hole docker that automatically starts when my server reboots. After the server is up and running, and OMV provides the login screen, it takes 2 or 3 minutes more before the Pi-hole WEB-GUI responds.

The solution? Don't reboot. I have a monthly reboot scheduled, late at night (2:30AM), and that's it. With that schedule and rebooting at 2:30AM, 2 or 3 minutes (or even 10 minutes) is not an inconvenience. The only time I ever see the delay is if I manually restart the Docker.

Ok so my English is worse than i though:) I'd like to say that it works well only 10 minutes. There is no dealy, I'm rebooting my machine, emby is loading after seconds, then everything is work perfect on https WAN but ONLY 10 minutes then i coulnd remotly open my emby server.
    But less about it, it turned out that not only I have a problem with it and it has nothing to do with OMV but emby server:

https://emby.media/community/i…0-problem-with-wan-https/

so I'm sorry for a headache.
    Maybe someone who has the same problem will find a partial answer here.

Regards

• My Docker Container updated fine to 3.4.1.0. How did you install Emby?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Describe what you do to update. Are there any errors?

• Sorry, without an error or a description of your steps to update your emby server, there is nothing I/we can do to help you.

• I thought the Emby plugin was deprecated?

Use either docker or their .deb for now.

Unless you mean that you installed the .deb manually? You have to grab the new .deb after each update and update yourself until they sort a new repo. The Suse repo is old code and they don’t have a replacement yet. Just wait until Emby tells you there is an update, then wget and dpkg.

Or if you want auto then use docker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Yes, I also asked above. He wrote that he installed it manually.

But I also appreciate Emby in a docker container. It works really flawless.

• Gotcha. I misread it to start. It’s definitely manual update for now until another repo is sorted. You’ll have Emby tell you X version is available, but it cannot and never will update without you taking action. The need for a new repo has been mentioned, but I think it’s lower on the priorities list right now with the iOS sync being worked on and a plethora of other things. I’m surprised those guys have time to sleep!

Edit: I don’t use docker on this machine, but I think it’s probably the way forward for auto updates right now.

• What changed is that the suse repo stopped being used. The entire server core has been rewritten and it’s no longer being hosted on the suse servers (probably some licensing technicalities).

If you installed manually using a .deb file, it’s unlikely it ever updated by itself. So you must have used the repo and added to sources? If this was the case, there will never be any more updates to it. You can remove it and grab the latest deb from their download page and use that. When your Emby admin panel says there is an update, repeat.

That is your only option now if you won’t use docker.

Edit: bear in mind that I think Luke said it’s no a clean upgrade from old code to new, so backup your settings. You might be looking at a fresh install if you really are using the old mono code.

Once installed, whenever your admin panel says there is an update:

1. Browse to the downloads page copy link
    2. ssh to server
    3. wget [link]
    4. dpkg -i [filename of downloaded file]

It’s a 60 second task.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!