openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• Sorry, i deleted that, because it looks like you deleted your question.

They must have moved it. My emby is in opt. I would say that pretty much confirms you are on the old version.

Do this:

Login to terminal:

Code
    wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/3.4.1.0/emby-server-deb_3.4.1.0_amd64.deb

Then

Code
    sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.4.1.0_amd64.deb

Please make sure you have backups. You may find you have to remove the old Emby first, I think I read somewhere.

Edit: Urg... long day, making mistakes. Corrected dpkg command with just file name and not download link :P

• Strange. It works here.

Code
    emby-server-deb_3.4.1.0_amd64.deb    100%[===================================================================>]  48.37M  3.88MB/s    in 18s

2018-05-13 23:00:41 (2.72 MB/s) - ‘emby-server-deb_3.4.1.0_amd64.deb’ saved [50719226/50719226]

It's hosted on Amazon web services though, and the speed sucks and I'm on almost 400Mbit here.. only ~2.72MB/sec... try again in a minute.

• I got Emby server installed in /opt.

It seem that my old emby server isn't installed in /var/lib.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Code
    systemctl status emby-server
    ● emby-server.service - Emby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device.
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: active (running) since Sun 2018-05-13 18:02:29 EDT; 11min ago
     Main PID: 26132 (EmbyServer)
        Tasks: 28 (limit: 4915)
       CGroup: /system.slice/emby-server.service
               └─26132 /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg 
    -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• The web page is working.

But I can't scan the library:

[Scan media library failed.

[tt]Could not find a part of the path '/var/lib/emby-server/root/default/Photos'.

The actual path is: /var/lib/emby

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Urgh.. this is probably upgrade incompatibilities. If you don't mind a fresh setup you'd probably be best starting from scratch. This kind of core rewrite probably isn't going to happen again for a long time. If you don't mind the setup, and you haven't got a lot of after the fact metadata changes, I'd be quite inclined to purge the lot. In fact, this is exactly what I did. I didn't try and upgrade. You might be able to do it, but you'd need to talk to the emby guys. If you don't mind purging and setting up again:

Code
    sudo apt remove --purge emby-server

Then dpkg again:

Code
    sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.4.1.0_amd64.deb

Then visit web portal and setup a fresh.

Hang on, scratch that: Isn't that folder just a Photos folder? Do you use it? It's probably for mobile uploads? I don't know I don't use it.

Hrm... looks like some have success some don't. The backup plugin helps if you had it: https://emby.media/community/i…ng-from-mono-to-net-core/

https://emby.media/community/i…-core/page-80#entry517556

The problem is a lot of configs that aren't replaced, that point to old locations. You'd probably spend more time fixing than you would setting up again.

• I've wrote this script for Emby update.
    Feel free to use it.

Note: shutdown your Emby server before run this script.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• I have a similar problem to tinh_7. My emby server is currently on version 3.3.1.0. I installed it ages ago using the command line (following a guide here), and used to be able to update it in the Update Management tab of the OMV GUI.

That obviously won't be possible anymore. How should I update from now on? Docker, apttool or manually? What's the best option that doesn't involve me having to do a lot of work, or loosing my database and configs?

• Uninstall your Emby with the previous posts, and use the script that I've provided.

Uninstall: sudo apt-get remove --purge emby-server

Why would I want to uninstall Emby though?

Anyway, I updated using:

wget https://github.com/MediaBrowse…_3.4.1.0_amd64.debservice
    emby-server stop
    dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.4.1.0_amd64.deb
    rm emby-server-deb_3.4.1.0_amd64.deb
    ln -s /var/lib/emby /var/lib/emby-server

Haven't noticed any issues yet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!