openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Adding that ID for the release key is the best way. As for the pinning, you only need it if your need higher pinning and with emby, you don't. So with those two fields removed, it is setup correctly.

• Ok, good to know, thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hallo,

nachdem ich versucht habe meine Musik in Emby (aktuellste stable 3.0.8500) zu integrieren (Musik wurde vorher mit mp3tag i.V.m. musicbrainz bzw. in einem Fall mit Musicbrainz Picard getaggt) und dabei bei den englischen Interpreten eine Erkennungsrate von fast 100% hatte und bei den den auf Deutsch singenden (Westernhagen bzw. Gabalier - beide ca. 20 Alben) nur 4 einwandfrei erkannt wurden, habe ich mich auf die Fehlersuche begeben und einen Blick in die Server.log geworfen. Dabei konnte ich folgende Fehlermeldung, die sich mehrmals wiederholte feststellen:

Also dort scheint der Fehler bezüglich einer ffprobe auf. Ein Abspielen von Audio/Video-Dateien funktioniert unter Emby Server einwandfrei. Ich weiß nicht ob diese Fehlermeldung im Zusammenhang mit den nicht erkannten Alben steht, wenn doch, wie kann ich diese Fehlermeldung beheben.
    Danke im Voraus

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Hello,

sorry that I've wrote the above posting in german. Didn't know where I was because I've switched in different forums because of this issue.
    Now I'v sorted out why emby didn't recognize the albums with the german singers. The songs I have in these albums are using the .mp3 extensions. The recognized (english singer) albums have .m4a extensions. So emby only could sort out the tags of the .m4a and not of the mp3's. I converted the mp3s into m4a's and voila emby could find the album info on musicbrainz and stored them on the server.
    I wrote somewhere in the emby forum that emby uses ffprobe to read out the ID3-tags of the mp3. Because of the error with ffprobe, you can see it in the above posted log.
    in line 27 you can see something with MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe. What has a .exe to do under Linux? Here is the mentioned part of the log

So how can I resolve this issue with the error? Streaming is all ok. I can watch movies, series and listen to the music via the web interface of Emby Server. Only the problem is that emby can't read the tags of the mp3s (and I've a lot of these albums and don't want to convert them all)

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is in the mono repo. Are you using an RPi?

• Hi,
    I just installed a fresh OMV3.

1. Do I need to remove the Emby repo that I created manually in the OMV-extras setting after Emby installation?

2. What's the different between the installed ffmpeg vs the custom ffmpeg?

Thanks.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• 1. No, you don't need to remove or disable your emby repo if you want any updates for emby or mono.

2. I don't know.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• OMV3:

Once I add the Emby repo manually, I encountered this duplicate entry when I ran the ap-get update:

Code
    Fetched 92.5 kB in 10s (8,860 B/s)
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of openmediavault plugins ...
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/Debian_8.0/  Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/download.opensuse.org_repositories_home:_emby_Debian%5f8.0_Packages)
    W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: grep -r emby /etc/apt/*

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Code
    grep -r emby /etc/apt/*
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emby-server.list:deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/Debian_8.0/ /
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org.list:# emby server
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org.list:deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/Debian_8.0/ /
    Binary file /etc/apt/trusted.gpg matches

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did the package add the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emby-server.list file or did you? If the package added it, remove the repo from the omv-extras repo tab. If you added it, remove the file and keep the one in omv-extras.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I install emby plugin when running 3.0.56?

You can't. It isn't ready.

• Thx for the info.

As the installation is just from scratch I will install OMV later today.

I hope an upgrade from 2 to 3 will be ready when it's done. ;)

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep.

• @b0mb At the moment the plugin doesn't work on latest omv3. Did you try to install emby the debian method? If not, have a look at the last pages of this thread. There is already described how to install emby the debian way.

Greetings Hoppel

• Sorry I'm totally lost...
    I am still on OMV 2.0 stoneburner and want to install Emby via omv-extras but won't get it...
    Which Repo do I have to activate in the OMV UI? Thought it was Mono...but emby won't show up on the add-on overview.

Someone can help me with that?!

Thanks...

Same problem.
    I have OMV-Extras and i enabled "Mono" but i cant find the openmediavault-mediabrowser plugin in the Addon list.

Done,
    there was an Key Error so he Updated nothing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!