openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• How hard is it to transfer the existing instances of say Emby or Plex, etc... to a docker.

I too am interested in question.
    Reconfiguring the shares/users/metadata would be a pain...

I know you could just "mount" a directory of the existing installation into the container (say, --volume /var/lib/emby-server:/var/lib/emby-server).
    For that you would need to know exactly which databases / configs are needed.
    Does somebody know that?

• You could try the backup plugin for first migration. It's not copying all files but most except Metadata pictures which could be moved to the defined config folder for the container by hand. That's the way I did it. ;)

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to force Emby to update?
    I'm got the update notification for more than a week, ran the update from the repo, but it still not updating.

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep emby

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Code
    ii  emby-server                                                      3.1.283~beta-13.1                 all          Emby Server is a home media server.
    ii  embymagick:amd64                                                 6.9.6+6-7.1                       amd64        low-level image manipulation library -- quantum depth Q8
    ii  libembysqlite3-0:amd64                                           3.16.0+2-1.1                      amd64        SQLite 3 emby-server library

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• odd error, ipm on omv 2.2.13, installed emby 2.7 from the plugin list.

configured.. nothign was added, like stated on the instructions

went into Library, added my folder to the list, sleected movies, selected my path which is on my ZFS under /POOL/Files/Movies (chmodded 777 > yeah, i don't care, i'm the only one using it.)

it simply will not crawl.. I can see the foler added to the library under movies, but scanning does nothing.
    finds 0 files - and I ahve over 500 HD movies in there..

any ideas ???

• Offizieller Beitrag

@tinh_x7 Why are you using the beta repo?

What is the output of: apt-get update

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @tinh_x7 Why are you using the beta repo?

What is the output of: apt-get update

When I setup the repo, 3.1.283beta was the available at the time for the installation.

@mikeB2210,

This solution worked for me.

Thanks.

Code
    1. sudo nano /var/lib/dpkg/status
    2. find the emby-server entry block and remove it
    3. save the file
    4. apt-get update
    5. apt-get install emby-server

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• I have an ERROR in the logs at the library scan
    What is ffprobe?

• Not sure if I should ask here but as Emby is a part of a problem...

It looks like I'm having some general problems with uPnP.
    My system is old HP 8710p laptop (2-core Intel CPU, 4Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD Gparted after OMV install). I know, not ideal, but something to test OMV on.
    Also, all my permissions on media folders are 777 (as I don't care at the moment).
    uPnP clients - LG Smart TV, Android device with VLC, Win10 laptop.
    Now, this happens on both OMV2 and 3.
    Initially I tried Plex via plugins install. It can see the media folder with movie, organize library, and do pretty much everything via web GUI, however for some reason it can not play media AT ALL (not in browser, not on smart TV, not on windows machine). When trying access plex from clients I can see uPnP server, but I can't see any libraries nor media.

Emby is a different story. On OMV2 I can install it via plugins menu but it needs ffmpeg which, for some reason, can not be uploaded through Emby's GUI. Ok, "apt-get install ffmpeg" solves this but Emby won't scan library. The scan progress bar goes very quick and there is nothing found. Solution - remove plugin and install it with apt-get using instructions from emby website. It works somewhat (can scan library, it's accessible from devices) but the files are not playable from all cliens. Also there is a problem that TV occasionally loses connection to uPnP server.

On OMV3 I can not install EMBY via Plugins as OMV is newer than it's supposed to be for the plugin to work. So apt-get is the way for both Emby and ffmpeg. Hooray! It works, library scan works, I can connect from TV and play... for first movie it was about 15 minutes. For second - probably 15 seconds. For first one again - 2 seconds max. It just keeps disconnecting! CPU loading is not high according to OMV gui - 20-30%.

As an experiment, I tried miniDLNA plugin. It simply works. No hiccups, no connection drops, no problems, with any client. It does not organize libraries though and can't download metadata and stuff, that's why I don't want to use it :(

Please, help! I'm scratching my head and pulling my hair and my eyes are red from sleepless nights trying to find a solution. Having no experience with Linux does not help either.

• @Avalonnw The emby plugin is still not ready for omv3. But as you already did, it should work to install emby-server and ffmpeg per apt-get via command line. A lot of us here use this method without problems. The last few pages of this thread acknowledge this.

3 days ago I installed the emby server per docker plugin. Maybe it's an alternative for you, you can also check. For me it works as expected now. Had some problems with the default uid and gid of the emby user from the container (uid1000:gid1000). Changed the access rights to my media folders, so it fits gid1000. Not the perfect way in my opinion, but it works really flawless now. The installation of emby-server via omv-docker is really easy.

Otherwise I suggest to ask your question in the emby forum, because your problem seems not to be omv related. Maybe you can have a look at your log file and share it.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hi everybody.

I need a little help with EMBY installation on my SimpleNAS.
    I followed these steps: https://github.com/cmoulliard/….adoc#install-emby-server
    But still gave me a missing packages

If i want to install missing dependencies from here and here, it gave me this:

Can someone give me some advice?
    Debian GNU / Linux 8 (jessie) 4.11.6-sunxi, OMV 3.0.80 (Erasmus)

• Offizieller Beitrag

One of the reasons Docker was created, was to resolve the file and packages dependency issues that continually plague users and developers. (Where developers will attempt to write complex scripts that download what is needed from repositories. As you're finding, sometimes those scripts fail or the sources are not available when needed.)
    A Docker "image" contains the entire directory structure, with all files and software packages needed for a specific application. (Emby in this case). When the image is installed, nothing else is needed. It's ready to run.

If you try the Docker route:
    Since you're using a PI, with flash media as a boot drive, I'd recommend that you locate the Docker container onto your Data Drive. Emby is a chatty app that stores metadata associated with media files. It would be best to keep those files off of your boot drive. Otherwise, you'd be risking filling up your entire boot drive which will touch off another round of tech issues.

• I have spent days trying to get Emby Server to work with the Kodi plugin on my raspberry Pis (four of them).

Every time, I restart the Pis, the plugin welcomes me by name, confirms the sync but then nothing - can anyone think what I am doing wrong?

I used to use Emby Server on windows and I used to get extra nodes appearing on Kodi, but this is not happening now.

Any pointers to help would be much appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have spent days trying to get Emby Server to work with the Kodi plugin on my raspberry Pis (four of them).

Emby will work with / or interact with Kodi? Such a setup is beyond me. (My Regrets.)

• Most people that are running Kodi are not using Emby. Kodi is good for local use but I don't think it has all the remote (being able to watch your movies when you are away from home) functionality that Emby has.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!