Some clarification about Roundcube

• I would like some clarification about Roundcube plugin.
    I know him as an email web client in hosting environments and I cannot understand how to use it on OMV.

I see that I can configure it to access, for example, to the Gmail, but what sense does it to use a browser to access to the RC in OMV instead to go directly to GMail?
    If I could store more mailboxes in OMV then I could use it to quickly access to multiple mailboxes.

A second thing; I imagine that having access to the mailbox via IMAP is not saved anything on the server, right?

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbup:
    ==============
    1 USB Stick Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (USB 3.0 90MB/s Read - 30MB/s Write)
    2 HDD WD Blue 320GB RAID2
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• Yup, there is no benefit over using the webinterface from gmail.

Ans you're right about imap.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• But if you have more than one Imap accounts, you get all your mails in roundcube instead of logging in and managing more than one Inbox.

How do I manage all access IMAP GMAIL by a single Roundcube account?
    In General Setting I've to insert data for only one access or "%u" to use the username.
    Is there a guide somewhere?
    Thanks

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbup:
    ==============
    1 USB Stick Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (USB 3.0 90MB/s Read - 30MB/s Write)
    2 HDD WD Blue 320GB RAID2
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• if you are still looking for an aswer. I stumbled over this, when i was setting up my omv server. After you setup one account in roundcube you can login then and add more pop3 accounts in the webgui. But this does not cover, when you have more then one person at home, which wants to use this. I want to get rid of gmail and any other provider and therefore roundcube is not supporting what I need.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Roundcube is not a mail server. It is just an imap frontend. If you want to host your own email (I did for 7+ years), look at Zimbra.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!