BAD mirror error message during installation

• getting frustrated..glad I am still running ther old but stable 0.4.34.

firs tof all I wasted 4 h trying to figure out why I was not able to install any upadate, getting a lot of Size mismatch errors. I was tepmpted to trash my boot hd.
    I just installed everything on my Virtual machine where I was able to install updates and plugins.... so I decide to give a 3rd try and reinstall everything..and was getting this new error:
    Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -t proc proc/proc
    I discovered this is a problem when I choose to install the release in Italian..well have to do everything in English..not bad for me but my friend who does not know english may be a problem (still possible to changer language later, but not sure what the result will be) Neve mind minor problem, let's go with english installation from CD on the ral NAS server..no more virtual machine...
    :(:(:(:( stuck again getting BAD ARCHIVE mirror error
    looking at virtual console 4 more details:
    MIRROR does not support the specified release (wheezy)
    tried many...which one should I chose? Whe I installed OMV on the virtual machine it worked, so what is the reson for this error?
    any suggestion is welcome
    thanks

• last update...after several trial I was able to pass the BAD MIRROR error and completed the installation.
    Raid works...growing now from 3 to 4 HDs.
    Update page is competely blank
    upload of OMVextra plugin fails.
    can anyone let me know hoe to change manually the repom links soI can complete the iinstallation.

thanks

• The first error

Code
    Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -t proc proc/proc

it's a debian installer bug and you find this error on the wheezy cd too.
    The i suggest to check the downloaded iso or your internet connection. I'm italian and here the iso work just fine

• DuDu371,
    I was able to pass the localization issue, installing the release in English, I am really stuck now because of the BAD MIRROR message.
    it can't be the service provider (Vodafone) because it worked well on my virtual machine.
    I will try to burn a new CD and download the iso from another server.
    I would exclude incompatibility with MB hw as well, network comunication with webgui works well, and I get same erros via webgui as by CLI.
    Hope some one can help on this BAD Mirror error

• solved...ù
    the problem was caused by the conncetion to the gateway router which was not passing the DNS address to the switch/router I was connected to. Connecting directly the NAS server to the main modem router (Vodafone station is the bad beast!!. In this way I was able to complete the initial installation
    so the procedure is:
    download and install OMV 1.0.20 iso (the 64 bit version worked well for me, the 32 didn't)
    If possible chose DHCP network configuration.
    later on you can use the command
    ip addrss show
    to find out the IP address of the NAS server
    in the webgui network configuraton panel att the DNS address (typically the same address of the gateway)
    done this you should not ahve any problem.
    I finished installing all updates and plugins, everything seems to work fine so far
    ^^

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!