• I currently have OMV installed on an 8gb USB stick (/dev/sde1). After reading some articles about USB drives and their longevity (or lack of), I figured I should look at shifting my installation. I don't really want to start from scratch, having finally got samba working the way I want, plus sickbeard, sabnzbd and subsonic. I have a spare 250gb HDD sitting in the server (/dev/sda1). My understanding is that this should work;

Code
    dd if=/dev/sde1 of=/dev/sda1 bs=4096 conv=notrunc,noerror

However, since the USB is much smaller than the HDD, I'll end up with wasted space on the HDD.

I'm wondering if I can just run something like gparted to resize the partition and reclaim the extra space. And if I use the extra space as a second partition (/dev/sda2), can I use that as an extra share for OMV??

During install, OMV doesn't seem to like sharing the OS install space with data. But can I change this after installation?

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Tyberious Funk"

During install, OMV doesn't seem to like sharing the OS install space with data. But can I change this after installation?

No, only via dirty hacks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!