Schedule openmediavault-backup to run once a week

• Hi,

I'm not sure if this question has been answered, googling around a bit did not yield any results.
    As the title says, I'd like to be able to schedule a system-backup weekly, using the built-in scheduling mechanism.
    But, that mechanism wants me to enter a command to run, and I don't know what command is triggered when I manually click the "Backup" button

Is this even possible? Or do I have to rely on my own bad memory, and take manual backups every time I wan't to do something risky on my system? ;)

Atom 330 @ 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM
    2x3TB Data, 1x3TB Parity, SnapRAID + AUFS pool
    Latest OMV running on custom Debain Wheezy, 3.14 Backports kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just put the following command in Scheduled Jobs to run weekly:

omv-mkconf backup backup

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Where does it save the backup file to?

Also, is there a documentation (man) page that lists all the available commands and options for OMV?

I know of omv-mkconf, omv-release-upgrade, and omv-firstaid and kind of know how to use them but would like more information if possible. The documentation page is only up to OMV 0.6 (Kralizec) but there's nothing there.

Thanks,

ASUS P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L w/ Intel Atom C2550 (2.40GHz) | Kingston ECC 16GB RAM | 1x 120GB OS HDD| 8x 2TB HDD (RAID 6) | SilverStone DS380
    OMV 2.1.23 Stone Burner (64 bit) | Debian 7 (Wheezy) w/Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64

• Offizieller Beitrag

It syncs the OS files using rsync to the location you specify in the plugin. The path is listed on the screen.

All available commands?? Not really. OMV's goal is to use the web interface instead of cli. What are you looking for?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Not your requested commands, but the Wiki lists all available environment variables which you can set via CLI:

http://wiki.openmediavault.org

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!