Hanging on boot with hdd going crazy

• Hi Everyone,

I am very new to OMV. I was running an smb server off my dd-wrt router and wasn't satisfied with the speeds so I bought a banana pi and am now running OMV with a usb attached 1.5tb hdd.

The problem I'm encountering is that when I start up OMV, it hangs and I see the red light on the hdd go on non-stop. SMART analysis is showing a failure on the hdd, could that be hanging the system?

If I disconnect the hdd, OMV starts up no problem. I can then reconnect the hdd and it seems to work ok (although my network speeds are worse than they were with the dd-wrt setup...)

If you would like me to print output from the OMV, could you please direct me on how I do that? I'm assuming I just copy from the OMV gui and then place it in the source option in this forum....

Many thanks!

• Post the output of smartctl -a /dev/sdX where you have to replace X with the correct device name.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I don't know much about this stuff, but these errors don't look good.... What do you think? Also, I had to delete some info as it wouldn't allow me to post more than 10,000 characters. I deleted what I thought was irrelevant.
    Thanks so much for the help David.

• Some values are not read correctly by smart I guess but some values seem to be legit, thus I would recommend a replacement of the drive.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• You're welcome. ;)

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!