File Systems mount status mismatch in OMV1.0 GUI

• Hello.

I'm facing a problem on the "Unmount" and "Delete" command on the File System display in the OMV GUI (I'm not sure it is related to the OMV 1.0, but I noticed only since I did the upgrade).
    Let me try to explain better: all the disks are apparently properly mounted. I can see them marked as mounted in the GUI, and I can access them (and their content) from the CLI (in /media/UUID...)
    If I run <umount -a> or <mount -a> from the CLI their status is reflected in the GUI
    The problem is that for many of the disks the "unmount" and "delete" buttons are greyed out.

i already tried to run <omv-mkconf fstab> and than reboot, but no success

any suggestion?

thanks,
    Base Alfa

• The problem is that for many of the disks the "unmount" and "delete" buttons are greyed out.

The Problem? Why? There are probably still services using it, thus you can't remove/unmount them.

any suggestion?

If you want to unmount them, remove them from all services first. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thanks David.

I will do my best to learn more... (long way to go).

but i'm still confused: why i can umont a disk using the CLI, while i can not do it (for the same disk) using the GUI?
    If there is some service still using it shouldn't also the umount command from the CLI fail?
    I tryied anyway to find which process is eventually causing the problem: I did to run <sda -m> and I got the same list of processes both for a disk I can unmount from the CLI as for one I can not.

any further suggestion?

• sorry, my last sentence should be corrected as:

I tried anyway to find which process is eventually causing the problem: I did run <sda -m> and I got the same list of processes both for a disk I can unmount from the CLI GUI as for one I can not.

• why i can umont a disk using the CLI

Because the CLI only cares about the fact if the device is busy or not. A service like CIFS/SMB or NFS or FTP does not render your device busy... I'm not sure if a real connection on those services renders it busy.

while i can not do it (for the same disk) using the GUI?

Because the GUI knows that you still have Service entries/used Shared Folders for that drive. Thus it does not let you unmount it.

If there is some service still using it shouldn't also the umount command from the CLI fail?

Nope, if there is no service accessing the drive in reality it doesn't bother.

I tried anyway to find which process is eventually causing the problem: I did run <sda -m> and I got the same list of processes both for a disk I can unmount from the CLI GUI as for one I can not.

Because those processes do not access your drives permanently. The difference is that OpenMediaVault knows that a drive is supposed to be used via a service, while in fact umount does not care about that.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Thanks David.

now its clearer...

following your explanation I did try (using the OMV GUI) to disable all the services (SMB/FTP/...) and "deconfigure" aufs and snapraid, but this did not help.

what is strange is that the only 2 disks which are not "blocked" are the 2 parity disk in the snapraid raid configuration
    all the other disks (the data disks in the snapraid configuration and also in the aufs pooling set) are with unmount/delete grayed out (even if now I removed all disks from the snapraid and aufs configuration and therefore they now should be "released").

probably something is left behind from one of these two services/applications that, even if not configured anymore, are still blocking OMV from considering these disks in use.
    I will keep investigating.

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Doing some testing the other day, I've realised that the backup plugin can lock a share if is being used in the backup section, next to photorec. Just in case you have the backup plugin installed.

• BaseAlfa, please upload a logreport (See my Sig for a how to) and tell me which drive you are trying to unmount. Also, don't forget to tell me your log ID.

Greetings
    David

• Before you unmounts a disk you must remove all services from it or your config.xml will become corrupted. This is why you are not allowed to unmounts a disk while it is being used by something. Always unmounts via OMV's GUI. If you are having problems figuring out why the unmounts button is greyed out ask for assistance.

• Hi subzero79: thanks, but I do not have that plugin installed.

Hi david2k:
    i've uploaded the logreport (log ID is: NRtJi2rn).

Disk which are apparently OK and that I can unmount from the GUI:
    /dev/sda: LABEL="3T1" UUID="65caa8fb-1aee-41f0-b27f-a067b662be43" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdb: LABEL="3T2" UUID="3c0115be-9908-4293-8c2b-cfb7459ec6ab" TYPE="ext4"

Disks which I can NOT unmount from the GUI:
    /dev/sdc: LABEL="3T3" UUID="c683ed6f-b174-44d1-8d53-f7b103ced177" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdd: LABEL="3T4" UUID="6abdcda5-090a-4fdd-9f2f-0413f76272df" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sde: LABEL="3T5" UUID="ae6ef676-b68d-493e-9181-b1d03b9a4268" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdf: LABEL="3T6" UUID="e7a0fcd4-abb4-4f6a-8f52-94cdf40e5cb4" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdj: LABEL="2T3" UUID="b1d4231a-4708-42ae-b431-b7abca251ea1" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdi: LABEL="2T2" UUID="fa06bf84-0dc7-4578-84c7-888dec840b63" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdh: LABEL="2T1" UUID="0506763f-3a16-4687-bab4-9ad5a18686fe" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdk: LABEL="2T4" UUID="e22badf1-5af7-4002-a66b-5a4a430235ad" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdl: LABEL="2T5" UUID="f8d4cec7-43f2-4c3c-8c88-6490400213d3" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdm: LABEL="2T6" UUID="6dad17da-3611-45ce-848b-0108b0f756d1" TYPE="ext4"

As I do not have a lot of services or other things configured in OMV, if the investigation is going to "waste" too much of your time I will reinstall the system.
    all the data is fortunately still on the disks!

thanks

• Every goddamn drive of yours has a shared folder called Data on it, thus you can't unmount it...

/dev/sdc: LABEL="3T3" UUID="c683ed6f-b174-44d1-8d53-f7b103ced177" TYPE="ext4"

/dev/sdd: LABEL="3T4" UUID="6abdcda5-090a-4fdd-9f2f-0413f76272df" TYPE="ext4"

/dev/sde: LABEL="3T5" UUID="ae6ef676-b68d-493e-9181-b1d03b9a4268" TYPE="ext4"

Code
    [...]

/dev/sdf: LABEL="3T6" UUID="e7a0fcd4-abb4-4f6a-8f52-94cdf40e5cb4" TYPE="ext4"

Code
    [...]

/dev/sdj: LABEL="2T3" UUID="b1d4231a-4708-42ae-b431-b7abca251ea1" TYPE="ext4"

Code
    [...]

/dev/sdi: LABEL="2T2" UUID="fa06bf84-0dc7-4578-84c7-888dec840b63" TYPE="ext4"

Code
    [...]

/dev/sdh: LABEL="2T1" UUID="0506763f-3a16-4687-bab4-9ad5a18686fe" TYPE="ext4"

Code
    [...]

/dev/sdk: LABEL="2T4" UUID="e22badf1-5af7-4002-a66b-5a4a430235ad" TYPE="ext4"

Code
    [...]

/dev/sdl: LABEL="2T5" UUID="f8d4cec7-43f2-4c3c-8c88-6490400213d3" TYPE="ext4"

Code
    [...]

/dev/sdm: LABEL="2T6" UUID="6dad17da-3611-45ce-848b-0108b0f756d1" TYPE="ext4"

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!