OMV 1.0.29 Partition mount problem

• Try this via CLI: mkdir /tmp/mount1 && mount /dev/sda2 /tmp/mount1 and report back if that works.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Okay... then unmount it again please via umount /tmp/mount1.

Apply configuration changes in the WebGUI please and reboot your device. Then please show me the outpug of cat /etc/fstab

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Code
    [root@OXNAS:~]$.cat /etc/fstab
    # UNCONFIGURED FSTAB FOR BASE SYSTEM
    tmpfs           /tmp            tmpfs   defaults        0       0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    UUID=415cbeb4-b440-4b0b-b327-8ae646306044 /media/415cbeb4-b440-4b0b-b327-8ae646306044 ext3 defaults,nofail,acl,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

I restart device and i unable to mount from webgui

• Please do the following:

Upload Logfile via WebGUI on OpenMediaVault 1.x for Support

Greetings
    David

• LOL i TRY !! ;)

• Code
    [root@OXNAS:~]$.blkid
    /dev/sda1: UUID="86638abf-c4f6-4353-98c4-30654188a2e4" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sda2: UUID="415cbeb4-b440-4b0b-b327-8ae646306044" SEC_TYPE="ext2" TYPE="ext3"
  • How did you format that drive? Is it still empty?

Greetings
    David

• Do the following, you don't type the # and anything behind it.

Code
    fdisk /dev/sda
    p #this will list partitions, remember which "nubmer" sda2 is
    d
    NUMBER #put in the correct number here, this will delete the partition!
    p #verify that the partition was deleted
    w #writes new partition table

Then:

Code
    mkfs.ext4 -b 4096 -m 0 /dev/sda2

Greetings
    David

• i have problem at start.

i dont have here sda2

now i use parted , i remove partition 2 and use dommand mkpartfs ext2 (becose parted create only ext2) now omv system can manage this partition

some time later i try mk2fs ext4 , and not working , mk2fs ext2 Working .....

• So, is it solved for you or do you want to have ext4?

Greetings
    David

• What is the blkid outpout with ext4?

Greetings
    David

• Code
    [root@OXNAS:~]$.blkid
    /dev/sda1: UUID="86638abf-c4f6-4353-98c4-30654188a2e4" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sda2: UUID="a45315d8-1019-43e6-8fce-989028c0a378" TYPE="ext4"

Code
    Failed to mount 'a45315d8-1019-43e6-8fce-989028c0a378': mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda2, missing codepage or helper program, or other error In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so
  • "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!