Transmission run 2 instances at the same time

• Hi,

Would it be possible to launch 2 instance at the same time like jhmiller implements for sickbeard/sabnzbd for transmission? (Greetings from David) :)

If you ask why, I would be able to dedicate a instance for CP, and the other (or others) to manage separately my new FileBot renammer scripts for series (tanks David yet).

It would also be nice to be able to execute multiple instances for those who use custom fork with torrent on CP, SB and HP.

tanks and keep it up! :)

NeurOSick
    Hardware ASRock N68C-GS, AMD FX-4100 8GB RAM
    OMV3 Distro + OMV-Extra + Docker + OpenVPN = Unlimited possibilities!

• Offizieller Beitrag

transmissionbt has a big UI in OMV. Sickbeard and sabnzbd have their own UI with their own configuration.

I've never done it but i guess you can can run a second instant with another init.d script, and another transmission config. I am not sure if you need a second /var/lib/transmission-daemon folder.

In my opinion seems unnecessary since is a download manager. I personally use deluge which has labels that can be passed from flexget and help a lot to keep them organised.

• Sub, its not possible all the time to postprocess files that are put into a download manager from two sources differently. Thats why I use two sickbeards and two sabs on my system too.

I maybe could do it with one install for sab but the configuration effort would be biiiig. I couldn't do it with one sickbeard however...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Too bad it's so complicated. I am not alone in wanting 2 instances for transmission. This is not really to have 2 daemons that would be interesting but turn your good 2 interfaces plugins. But if you can not, I will arrange otherwise. thank you anyway.

Otherwise, for that touch the subject. You never thought of creating a plugin for Deluge?

tanks

NeurOSick

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin for transmission is provided because the webUI of transmission doesn't provide enough for settings, if you know settings.json, you know what I mean.
    Deluge has all of its config directly from their own webUI, except the logging options. So a plugin similar to transmission would be a big effort. But to simplify it like sickbeard, sabnzbd or headphones is doable I guess.

The second instance of transmission, I am still curious if you need another /var/lib/transmission-daemon folder to do that.

• The second instance of transmission, I am still curious if you need another /var/lib/transmission-daemon folder to do that.

I think you would need another folder to hold the settings for another instance just like you do with the other apps mentioned.

A Deluge plugin should be easy as it would just need a tick box added to OMV-Extras for the repo (like plex does) then just install the needed files/packages.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Offizieller Beitrag

What repo? Could I just add it when the Download Manager checkbox is checked?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't have a problem adding that since there is very little in the repo that can cause a problem. I will add it in a little bit.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Added to omv-extras 1.0.16 and in the repo now.

• Does this need a key? I added it to custom repos and it threw an error about the key

apt-key adv --recv-key --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com C5E6A5ED249AD24C fix the problem.

Just looked and it does, should have done that before posting.

• Offizieller Beitrag

lol

• The plugin for transmission is provided because the webUI of transmission doesn't provide enough for settings, if you know settings.json, you know what I mean.

Yes I know what you mean. And, I know how to install a second transmission, I have experienced ubuntu server in the past, you simply need to install in a new folder and create a transmissionbt(2) daemon. But I am a semi-beginner Linux, if I want to reproduce the user interface as the current plugins on OMVUI it's complicated?

Zitat

Deluge has all of its config directly from their own webUI, except the logging options. So a plugin similar to transmission would be a big effort. But to simplify it like sickbeard, sabnzbd or headphones is doable I guess.
    Yes, because a lot of people like to use Deluge and do not necessarily have the skills to install the script jhmiller or manually through the cli.

The second instance of transmission, I am still curious if you need another /var/lib/transmission-daemon folder to do that.

Added to omv-extras 1.0.16 and in the repo now.

You mean the plugin itself? or simply available for the possible addition of plugin?

thank you guys for the time spent on this thread :)

NeurOSick

• You mean the plugin itself? or simply available for the possible addition of plugin?

He has added the repository that any future/current ;) deluge plugin can use to be able to install the necessary packages.
    See THIS topic for a deluge test plugin

• transmissionbt has a big UI in OMV. Sickbeard and sabnzbd have their own UI with their own configuration.

I've never done it but i guess you can can run a second instant with another init.d script, and another transmission config. I am not sure if you need a second /var/lib/transmission-daemon folder.

I will raise the subject because I have an idea.. you tell me if this is plausible or not. I personally use Transmission Remote UI to manage the plugin via another PC. In Transmission Remote UI, you can change the server if you have multiple servers with Transmission. We could do the same with the plugin and display only one instance at a time? You know what I mean?

regard's

NeurOSick

• Yes. That's the idea. Most of transmission content gets filled automatically by the rpc from other software. But I am still curious about the real use of a second instance. I didn't understand the first explanation.

In my case specifically.

An instance only for Couchpotato
    An instance would be to use my download series with a output script that would run FileBot Renammer for each download completed. Thing I can not do all my file because it is simply configured to fetch info on TVDB to rename and move it to the desired location. If I had the opportunity to use other instance, I would use one for each automation like music, ebook, manga, my softwares, etc...

Another interesting case for my brother. If he has the ability to use multiple instances. He would use anything like me, but it would give access to a torrent client for family members.

When you think about it, there are several reasons to have multiple instances. Certe, we could simply use different torrent client, but TransmissionBT done nicely and is very flexible.

tank you,

NeurOSick

• Offizieller Beitrag

I thought it was something more like a limitation. Like not be able to parse multiple requests at the same time (like adding two different torrents at the same time).

What about the renaming? can you rename while the file is still seeding? or you move and rename the unpacked file? I personally don't use rename since xbmc and plex handles everything.

Anyway you can try as suggested another init script config files and other transmission-daemon folder. The worst part is the json config files.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!