No drives in SnapRAID plugin pull down menu

• Hello;
    I'm new to OMV and I'm quite impressed by its looks, and features, hopefully I will be also successful in using it. I started checking it out a couple of weeks ago, and had to stop, and then started again. I installed it on top of a debian installation, for more flexibility.
    Many thanks to all developers for sharing this software.

I want to report a problem, after trying to use snapraid plugin, as none of my drives show up in the menu. The instructions I found here http://omv-extras.org/simple/i…d=guide-aufs-and-snapraid are straight forward, and didn't warn of any possible problems.

I found also this link Error in SnapRAID plugin after update which mentions the same problem, but the remedy is rather cryptic. Hopefully someone can help me with additional details, and the plugin author can upgrade the install notes with a troubleshooting section.

I tried to install also zfs (ZOL) from a terminal session - since OMV doesn't support it yet, but it didn't compile properly, and I abandoned. The errors appear to indicate that ZOLrequires an earlier version of the kernel, and I didn't want to downgrade. Since I'd like to keep all the management from OMV interface, I'll just wait for the new zfs plugin to become available.

Thanks again for any suggestions.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to format and mount a drive in the Filesystems tab for a drive to show up in snapraid.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks, Aaron. The mount part I was clearly missing. I've created the filesystems (ext4), but thought that the mounting would be done somehow from aufs (which I didn't touch yet).
    Will check it out tonight. Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!