MiniDLNA User

• Hi
    I have installed the MiniDLNA Plugin but it didnt create a User "minidlna". Delete and reinstall didnt solve this problem. How can i manually create this User? Which password is used for the "minidlna" User?
    Thanks for help

• The reason I say this is because Marcel had said something a while ago about seperating the plugin from the program. So are you sure minidlna is installed? Do the command above and if it's installed it will tell you and not reinstall it.

• Ok i tried the command and it says its installed already. There is a link to DLNA in my Services too. I think miniDLNA is installed correctly, except the minidlna user was not created. I thought someone knows the password for this user so i can create it manually. Do you think i should ask Marcel directly? Because i think this would solve my problem and minDLNA can index my library.

• If minidlna has been installed it will create the minidlna user and group. It's a nologin user that has no password. How are you checking to see if the user exists? It will not show in the omv GUI. You need to configure the /etc/minidlna.conf file and start the service.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tekkbebe ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the user truly is missing, try this as root.

Code
    groupadd minidlna
    useradd minidlna --home /var/lib/minidlna --shell /usr/sbin/nologin -g users,minidlna
    mkdir /var/lib/minidlna
    chown minidlna:minidlna /var/lib/minidlna

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ah i thought the user will show up in the omv GUI. I got 2 groups minidlna. Can i delete one of it? Am i right that the group minidlna needs read access via ACL for my folder? i will try it and come back if something goes wrong.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!