Can't get deluge to install...

• Ran the following using your script "sudo update-rc.d deluge-daemon defaults"...

... and got this:

• I actually took the file you sent, didnt even open it, and removed the .txt. I uploaded it just like that and got the same error. I did chmod 755 originally but chmod -x doesnt seem to be doing anything different.

In the file that dictates what user they run under I made them run under user "deluge" instead of "root". I figured I set up the permissions I needed just fine but could this cause an issue? What permissions do I need?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The deluge user doesn't exist, unless you create it. Let's first get deluge running under root.

What happens when you type deluged in CLI?

The output of the LSB script looks bad. try an access with nano the script

nano /etc/init.d/deluge-daemon it should look like this http://sprunge.us/YRaO

The init also loads this file /etc/default/deluge-daemon, which looks like this, if you don't have it create it

Code
    # Configuration for /etc/init.d/deluge-daemon

# The init.d script will only run if this variable non-empty.
    DELUGED_USER="root"             # !!!CHANGE THIS!!!!

# Should we run at startup?
    RUN_AT_STARTUP="YES"
  • When I type deluged it does nothing; I assume that it is loading the process. Deluge-web is another story... it kind of hangs and I have to restart PuTTY and log back in.

My init.d/deluge-daemon looks like yours. I copy and pasted yours directly into mine. I still get the same error message:

I did have /etc/default/deluge-daemon already. I had the user "deluge" in there. Yes, I did create the user "deluge". I changed the user in there to root just to see if I can get it working under that first.

• Hmm... should my deluge, deluge-web, deluge-console, deluge-gtk, and deluged be located at /usr/bin

Sigh... this is going to be the death of me.

• "deluge" command works fine.

"deluge-web -p 8112" does not.
    It just hangs and I have to restart PuTTY and log back in.

If I go to my running services in OMV web interface I can see it but I am unable to "stop" it. I can only kill the process ID. I can stop "deluged" just fine though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The bin's you delete them manually. The python related files take a look here at the end
    http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/…Source#RemovingFromSystem

If you build rasterbar, try and go to the rasterbar source folder and do make unintelligibleIf rasterbar comes from the repository just the ap-get remove will do it
    BTW I think they added the Ubuntu repo yesterday for Deluge try to update Omv-extras and check if you can make it run this time from there. When you build something from source like rasterbar instead of make install. Use checkinstall, that will make a standard deb package to remove for when you dont need then anymore

• I have started a openmediavault-deluge plugin, it will not be as advanced as the transmission plugin but do what is needed.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• If the plugin just installs deluge and still requires access to the web interface then I would be happy. Ideally, I personally would prefer that over an interface in OMV interface.

I will mess with this more after work.

• It will use the latest version now @ 1.3.10. I do hope to have a test version ready by this evening but that depends on how thing go.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!