Access to partition on SD card (Raspberry Pi)

• I have downloaded the raspberry pi image and burned it to my 8BG SD card, and it is working fine.

I then followed the descriptions in the link below and used fdisk to make a new patition(~4GB) on the sd card and formated it with ext4, and mounted it under /mnt/
    http://mike632t.wordpress.com/…2/10/resizing-partitions/

I then expected it to show up in the webGUI so i could setup FTP and AFP access to the drive/partition, but it did not show up. What did I do wrong? Do i need to mount it elsewhere?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don't mount it from the command line. I'm not sure if OMV will let you mount it since it is an additional partition on an sd card. Never tried it. I will try it in a bit.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I wouldn't put any Data on the SD Card... not if I would care at least 1% of them...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Really? Why is that?

My plan was to have the data on an other partition, and then I gould always flash the rootfs and keep the data.

I guess there must be a way to make the system think the extra partition is a physical drive,and then mount it...

• Because the sd card won't last that long.

The problem is that OpenMediaVault may not recognize the name of the sd card correctly.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Ahh I see. Didn't know that. Thanks

At the moment I'm testing on a RPi model A so I only have one USB port with a ethernet card attached, so I need to find a USB hub or an other RPi with more USB ports.

"The problem is that OpenMediaVault may not recognize the name of the sd card correctly"
    Are there any way I can begin testing with data on the SD card or is it not possible at all? A pointer in some direction would be great.

Thanks for taking you time to answer my annoying questions :)

• Post the output of blkid here. If that shows the partition I can ask Volker if there is any additional code needed.

Greetings
    David

• root@raspberrypi:~# blkid
    /dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="boot" UUID="7D5C-A285" TYPE="vfat"
    /dev/mmcblk0p2: UUID="5d18be51-3217-4679-9c72-a54e0fc53d6b" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/mmcblk0p5: UUID="d27e6ed2-cc5d-41a6-830d-1d739b93a3cf" TYPE="ext4"

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is an error trying to mount the partition because it shows up as mmc. I would say file a bug.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!