Plex media server unable to connect/missing media

• Just recently upgraded from 0.5.60 to 1.0. Initially noticed plex.tv was unable to see the server, nor could it find it from the "ip:32400/web" address. There was an update for the plex plugin so I did that first. Began seeing issues with service not being found when I ran the cmd to check status, although if I ran the command to start it, it would say done. Wasn't sure what to try next, so I went and disabled the plugin and then enabled it, hoping some sort of fresh install would do the trick. Now when I did the initial setup from the OMV screen, I was unable to find the folders that were my library, one called movies and one called tv. Also I noticed when I browse to the server from my windows machine I can see the share folder but I am unable to get into it.

I am very green when it comes to linux and omv, had it working just fine for a while and haven't really had to do much troubleshooting before.

Thanks

• uid=114 (plex) gid=65534 (nogroup) groups=65534 (nogroup)

did a snippit of the blkid cmd, not sure which UUID it is honestly. 4 of those drives are just linked to a single logical volume called "media" which I share out the whole thing and set a smb share to.

• All these might not be necessary but do them all:

apt-get --purge remove plexmediaserver
    apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    userdel plex
    rm -rf /media/cd25d6c1-66f5-4699-acba-765b6831f97f/plexmediaserver

Then reinstall via the plugin in OMV. Do not chmod the plexmediaserver folder 777. It is installed how it should be.

• Ran all of the commands, only thing I noticed was it said the user plex does not exist.
    Reinstalled the plugin, when I went to the settings tab on the omb web gui I enabled it and then selected the database volume labeled "media." But now the web interface for plex is unable to connect.

• STOPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the media folder in the root of your system drive yes????????????????????

You need to create a media folder on the LVM UUID.

Access Rights Management / Shared Folder

Then add a media folder to the /dev/mapper in the drop down.

• Once you create a shared folder there give your user privileges to it.
    Then share it with SAMBA.
    Then access OMV via the network places ( or network) icon and enter your users id and pass.
    Then you should see the share and be able to enter it.
    Once in it add a Movies folder and other folder your want, via Right click new folder.
    Add some movies music or whatever.
    Then go to the Plex UI and add.

• Well I ran cd /media and then cd .. to get to the folder above it and then ran the commands. Didnt see your 2nd post until it was too late I guess.

I had a working share folder before and shared it through SMB as well with no problems. I dont understand what couldve changed so much after the update. I'm guessing all my media that was on there before is long lost? Had over 1tb of media on there.

This is what the share folder shows me, haven't changed anything in the share folder settings. Now its like that folder doesnt exist

Yes I have team viewer on a windows 7 machine PM me and we can set that up, greatly appreciated

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!