Flexget Plugin

• I'm not a coder but was missing a plugin for flexget, so with help from Plugin Development Guide and copy 'n past code blocks from other plugins I have created a simple but working plugin for editing the config.yml file in the OMV web interface and restarting the daemon when saving.

Now, how do I go about sharing my work with others interested and hopefully get help with improvements? I have read about a developers forum but I don't think i have access, maybe this thread fits better there?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have a github account? I would upload your code to github and I will check it out. Then we can add it to here if you want :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am very interested in flexget. I run it now as a daemon in omv. I've always thought either use a big web frame to paste the yml or and upload dialog. I prefer the web frame.

A couple of things to add from what you've mentioned:
    - add a check/validate syntax button
    - a run button with some omv output display. Maybe 2 one for hard run and another one for dry run.

@jhmiller is the one that develops most of the downloaders plugins. You can contact him. He just recently pushed a deluge-daemon plugin.

• Ok, I'll setup a Github account. Thanks!

I have also thought about a check/validate syntax function and I think that would be doable by saving the configuration to a temporary file and running the "flexget check" command against that...
    I'm not sure i understand your other suggestion but a function to manually run a task would be nice ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not sure i understand your other suggestion but a function to manually run a task would be nice

Flexget daemon is not constantly checking rss, you have to setup the intervals in yml at the beginning. So if you just want to force to run the task in between the intervals, just press the button, the execution will be sent to the daemon.
    The dry run maybe is not necessary, it just to test the yml behaviour without doing anything

• My code can be found here: https://github.com/lany7/openmediavault-flexget
    I'm glad for all help I can get to make this better!

Zitat

Flexget daemon is not constantly checking rss, you have to setup the intervals in yml at the beginning. So if you just want to force to run the task in between the intervals, just press the button, the execution will be sent to the daemon. The dry run maybe is not necessary, it just to test the yml behaviour without doing anything

Yes, i'd also like something like that!

• If that's how it done in the other plugins it's probably a good idea, even thou I generally prefer having configuration files in /etc/ and not a home folder.
    I agree that it's better to run the service as a separate user and not root, I tried it but got problems with permissions, shouldn't be to hard to solve thou...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes but in this case for flexget is just the config.yml file only, no harm there, in my case now i have it /root folder. The init script should be placed as usual in init.d folder.
    As a separate user he will belong to group users, so he will have read write to data drives. Can't think of what other problems running as not root will have.
    I forgot to mention all the other downloader plugins have a backup button, they tar the folder contents to one of the data drives.

• I agree that it's better to run the service as a separate user and not root, I tried it but got problems with permissions, shouldn't be to hard to solve thou...

Yes, please try to solve them rather than to have a plugin for hundreds of users leaving a possible vulnerability with root access.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I found the permission problem, the flexget user didn't have write access to /var/log
    Anyway I change so log, config.yml and db are stored in /home/flexget/.flexget/ as you suggested (and is default).
    I copied debian/rules from the sickbeard plugin, is there anything else needed?

I would also like to implement functions to show the series list (flexget series list) and use the movie-queue (flexget movie-queue list/add/del) but my skills are limited and I can't figure out how to do it. Help is appreciated!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Said permission denied for debian/rules, then changed to +x, then it complained about

Code
    root@omv:~/openmediavault-flexget# fakeroot debian/rules binary
    debian/rules:3: openmediavault.mk: No such file or directory
    make: *** No rule to make target `openmediavault.mk'.  Stop.

We need that file also too i guess, it builds basic stuff for OMV.

• Does anybody know of a good write up for a Windows user with very little knowledge of how to install things manually on OMV? I am really interested in flexget for use in conjunction with Transmission. Its been a few years since I have touched the CLI with linux distro.

If not, don't write one up on my account. I have a program on another computer that reads and downloads torrents from an RSS feed, I was just hoping to go down to have just my OMV server running 24/7.

Thanks
    Bartz118

• I just suggest you to try everything on a VM first ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!