Preserve my data without formatting

• Please, just I need an answer for an easy question for yours. I'm not clear about this point after reading some install guides

I have several HDD full of data, with NFS format.
    I'm not sure if I can install OpenMediaVault to manage all them. I mean without formatting all my NFS disks.

That's possible?

• NFS Data drives? I guess you mean NTFS?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• sorry! yes, it is NTFS.

Yup.. Disconnect your NFS data drives and install OMV to your OS drive.
    After install, connect the NFS data drives and boot your NAS. Once booted back up, use the OMV webUI to mount your NFS filesystems, then set up your shares.
    Piece of cake.

ok, I understand this procedure is valid for NTFS data drives. On the contrary, please write some words here!

I'm going to try that solution.

thanks to everybody :)

• NTFS drives should only be used on a temporary basis in OMV to move data to OMV or from OMV. The data drives meant to be used with OMV on a regular basis should be formatted ext4. NTFS is not native to linux and many of the debian commands will not work correctly with NTFS.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you mean NFS, or NTFS? There's a big difference. I'm not really sure how OMV interacts with NTFS.

• HI,
    after receiving an additional PCI-SATA, I have finished my NAS. It is an intel Atom D2500 motherboard with a 4 PCI-SATA.
    I have mounted 5 HD, 3 with NTFS format and 2 with ext3.

I don't have experienced any problem. The PCI-SATA has been recognized and all HDs are working flawlessly under SMB/CIFS

This is the first time in my life in where I install a Linux distro with additional PCI-SATA card, several disks, etc... all them without any problem or console complaint.
    I cannot believe it :thumbup:

This is my 4ports PCI-SATA, it was fully recognized:
    http://www.delock.de/produkte/…eSATA_70154/merkmale.html
    PowerSupply is a Bequiet 300w SFX format

all these parts are inside a chassis Fractal node 304. Consumption is 45w-55w.
    Noise around 47db. The source of noise are the HD, some of them are quite old.

OMV is a very good software.

thanks for the help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!