Problems with Virtualbox plugin?

• Is there something hapening with the VirtualBox plugin? It's breaking the updates on my box.
    Yesterday I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall but it froze updating packages. From that ahead, I cannot install or update plugins, it always freezes.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The virtualbox plugin has been working fine for me. Did you just update it? What is the output of: apt-get -f install

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat

root@DeathShadow:~# apt-get -f install
    Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho
    Creando árbol de dependencias
    Leyendo la información de estado... Hecho
    0 actualizados, 0 se instalarán, 0 para eliminar y 8 no actualizados.

Seems that even when I don't have VirtualBox installed, the packages still are there. I'll try with the solution given to Steel.

• What kernel are you on Sergio?? I would go to 3.16 via the button in OMV Extras. Then on the vbox plugin there is a button to compile new driver. You need to do that and then try to do all upgrades.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is only problem I see.... Stupid shit....

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…1d74c59fd6d7b3955dd7e13c2

While I didn't do it, I guess having one less click is a bad idea?? You can click on the link in the first tab instead of clicking on the Machines tab and then clicking on the button.

Here is a little cheese for your whine... I put it back in 1.0.13 and added a button on the Settings tab toolbar too...

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• This is the kinda shit that is killing me. I used that button all the time and it was in every version of the plugin.

He did to MySQL as well. And the button looked much better then it does now with the ptype/fieldinfo.
    These are examples of where I feel code reduction has gone awry.

PS- I would put back but why when it will just be reversed 5 times to infinity, like with cup overrides.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use the Virtualbox and MySQL plugins all the time and I never even noticed the button was gone. I use the iframe tab. No button was needed.

The button removal was not to reduce code. It was just a style change that happened to use less code (not the goal).

Added it back to MySQL as well. Put it in the toolbar. The usability is much better and looks better there. I would've put it there a long time ago but I could never get it to work until now. It won't be reversed...

• When I am doing a lot of vm work I usually start a vm in the machines TAB and then click on that button to bring up the full phpvirtualbox. I x out of the OMV web gui. Then I bounce back and forth between RDP and Chrome (phpvpirtualbox and other webpages related to the vm).

• All cleaned.
    Then I successfully re-installed it.
    Then I go and click the recompile button.
    Go to updates, refresh and install updates for extras and plex.
    Then go back to VB, enable selected a folder, save, save and:

• While booting:

Zitat

Starting Virtualbox Web service.... fail!

Just after gui logging:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't have that directory on my server. Not sure why or what is looking for it.

When you removed the plugin and virtualbox, did you delete /etc/default/virtualbox and /etc/default/openmediavault-virtualbox?

• Yes, it seems that I executed the following lines:

I remember it complained about not being created. I thought the plugin removal also deleted'm

• Offizieller Beitrag

Same user is used. I've never seen that error and can't recreate it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sure you can send me something.

• I finally solved it.
    The culprit where the remains of an early installation:

Zitat

root@DeathShadow:~# ls /home
    extplorer mediabrowser omv vbox
    root@DeathShadow:~# rm -R /home/vbox

After removing that directory, VBox installed correctly and all it's 100% functional.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!