• If anyone wants to experiment with theming their web gui you can create a custom file that will override the default file by copy the contents of omv.css to omv-custom.css:

cd /var/www/openmediavault/css
    cp omv.css omv-custom.css

This will copy all the contents from the default css file. Any changes you make to the omv-custom.css file will override the default. You will see lots of items in custom file you created that have hexadecimal numbers for colors. You can use one of the following sites to choose new colors and then experiment.

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html
    http://www.colorpicker.com/

The sections that you will probably be most concerned with are the login page section and the workspace section. The login section is the sign in page and you might want to change your background picture. This is the section you would want to change to do this:

Code
    body#login-page {
        background: url("/images/test.jpg")no-repeat center center fixed;
        background-size: cover;
    }

The body#login-page is not in this format now so you need to make changes to it like the code box.
    Then you will need to change the name of the test.jpg to then name of you jpg file. You jpg file needs to be put in this location:
    /var/www/openmediavault/images
    The chown of the jpg file needs to be openmediavault:openmediavault
    and the chmod need to be 664
    so you would do it like this assuming your test.jpg is in the /var/www/openmediavault/images location.
    chown openmediavault:openmediavault test.jpg
    chmod 664 test.jpg

Do not be worrried about messing up the omv-custom.jpg file. If you do you can just delete it and the defaults will be back and you can copy the default file and create the omv-custom.css file again.

• Here are some of the items I altered in the workspace section:

Workspace-Status/Percentage Bar color (like cpu percentage bar):

Code
    .x-progress-default .x-progress-bar-default {
            background-color: #99BDA4; /* Cooperate color */
            background-image: none; /* Flat design */
    }

Backgroud color when you put cursor over category (i.e. system, service, etc...):

Code
    .x-workspace-node-view-category-header .x-item-over {
            background-color: #D8EDDB;
            cursor: pointer;
    }

Backgroud color when you put cursor over an icon:

Code
    .x-workspace-node-view-category-items .x-item-over {
            background-color: #D8EDDB;
            cursor: pointer;
    }
  • Ideas about plugin:

/var/www/openmediavault/css/themes

then subfolders for each theme that is added. so say a blue theme

/var/www/openmediavault/css/themes/blue
    and inside this folder you will have a the omv-custom.css and images files.

Then you have as part of the plugin you have a screen where you can select the theme. It will delete
    the current theme and install the new by movinrg the files from the desired theme folder (blue).

It would also be nice if some individual items could be customized by color in the plugin. A Tab maybe for a few items to begin with and more can be added. A href can guide to site where users can pick custom color and it gives them the hex value. Then they would manually have to put the hex value in the Manual TAB settings fields.

PS- Once a theme is made it is easy to set it up manually. I just moved my theme I've been using to a vm in like 5 seconds. Just copy and pasted the omv-custom.css and images to correct location. Then refreshed browser. People should start developing themes.

• The only thing I'm modifying in the GUI is the logo image (header_logo.png), but it seems the custom image I use gets overwritten or reverts to the original image after an upgrade. Any hints on how I can make it more permanent?

Xeon E5-2630 v3 | 8GB DDR4 ECC | 12TB SnapRAID/AUFS Pool | OMV 2.1

• use the custom.css file and use a custom name for your headerfile.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• long time no updates on this page

meet my 3 NASses ..

NEMO

Meet
    Puffer

meet
    Shark

Happy ;)

5x HP Microserver Gen8, 4x with OMV. (3x OMV4 and 1x OMV5)

(Busy with migrating to 1 NAS) Puffer: 4x3TB RAID5; Nemo:4x3TB RAID5; Shark: 4x2TB RAID5 and Whale: 4x10TB UNIONFS with SNAPRAID

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!