notifications not working after updating from 0.5 to 1.0

• Offizieller Beitrag

They seem ok. I've only found one reference in the plexmediaserver repo pointing to old squeeze, which shouldn't make any difference

What about your mail configuration? Is a private server, SSL, specific port?

I would try first disable postfix in CLI update-rc.d postfix disable then disable notifications in OMV. And enable again in OMV. This last enable should start postfix again.

• They seem ok. I've only found one reference in the plexmediaserver repo pointing to old squeeze, which shouldn't make any difference

What about your mail configuration? Is a private server, SSL, specific port?

I would try first disable postfix in CLI update-rc.d postfix disable then disable notifications in OMV. And enable again in OMV. This last enable should start postfix again.

didn't work, mate.

• hmm.. here's what we got..

and the service didn't start.

Code
    root@safgatef:~# service postfix start
    Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent: postfixroot@safgatef:~# service postfix status
    postfix is not running.
    root@safgatef:~#
  • ok, so i think i solved it. here's how it went.. more or less..

i tried to create a certificate and openmediavault returned something in the lines of 'openssl not found'.. when i tried openssl directly the command wasn't even being recognized.
    tried to

Code
    apt-get install --reinstall openssl

and it did nothing. went searching for a way to force remove only a specific package and saw the command a few people advised was

Code
    dpkg --remove openssl

and if i had dependency issues i should add the '--force-depends' option. had to use the force command, then after a

Code
    apt-get install openssl

the openssl command "came back to life". tried the same thing on the postfix package and it started working correctly again too.

thanks for all your help subzero79. :) i'm problem free. for now. :P

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!