Synchro between 2 NAS

• Hi,

I want to backup some data from my NAS (openMediaVault) to another NAS.
    I want to know if someone do that ? how with a Rsync script ? by FTP ? another way ?

I think that i have to protect my data but i didn't know how.

If you can give e some advice, thanks.

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use rsync for a lot of backups. Setup the rsync server on one omv box and just run a rsync command under cron jobs (or script) on the other omv box.

The command could be as simple as: rsync -avr /home/user/* user@192.168.1.13:/backup

Just depends on how exactly you set it up.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I use a home script to backup my data from my MacBook to my NAS. (I mount the smb share, do a rsync, and correct my library)
    I will check and why not use the rsync server with my Macbook.

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I use rsync for a lot of backups. Setup the rsync server on one omv box and just run a rsync command under cron jobs (or script) on the other omv box.

The command could be as simple as: rsync -avr /home/user/* user@192.168.1.13:/backup

Just depends on how exactly you set it up.

I have one question about your command :
    rsync -avr /home/user/* user@192.168.1.13:/backup

The "backup" directory exist ? on my configuration it's don't work. If i use the complete directory it's work...

Thanks

• I test the command and it's work.

I have another question it's about the security. I think this solution is not the best to use over internet.
    Do you have any idea add security?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do it over ssh. Setup keys so no password is needed and then you run rsync over ssh.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!