ownCloud slow and errors in the logs

• Hi,

I am running OMV 1.0.31 and owncloud-plugin 1.1.4. I currently get the following error.

session_name(): session.name cannot be a numeric or empty '213643688988240209528805042649907515015' at /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/session/internal.php#20

And my ownCloud web interface opens rather slow on my N54L (which is know isnt the fastest CPU available). Full text search is disabled.

Any advice?

• Same issue here. I followed TEKKBEBE's guide at:
    ownCloud 7 install on OMV 1 with current plugin

The issue, is the PHP session ID specified in the config.php is mangled. Take a look at:
    /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php
    .. the 'instanceid' line

Compare that to the config.sample.php, which has a sane session ID listed. I just replaced that long string with the one from the config.sample.php, restarted the nginx service and was good to go.

Now, i'm not sure why my logs are full of

Code
    ErrorOC_Group_OpenMediaVaultFailed to get user 'joe.bishop' (code=6000, message=User 'joe.bishop' does not exist)

..but I'll track that one down and not hijack this thread

• The instance id needs to match the owncloud-instanceid(is the number of the instance id) folder in your owncloud working directory. You should put your old instance id back.

I am pretty sure this session.name error began with an upgrade. of a php5 package I think, as I had OC 6.x on a vm that had no errors til around the 4th of November.

• I'm having the same problem and my instance-id in config.php is matching /media/uuid/owncloud/owncloud-instance-id.

Restarting nginx did not solve the problem.

I also think this started when I updated php5 some days ago.

Any suggestions?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:
    Chassis: Fractal Design Node 304
    Board: ASROCK Z87E-ITX
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670T
    CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12S
    System storage: 30GB - Kingston SMS200S3/30G
    Data storage: 4 x 4TB - WD Red WD40EFRX 4TB
    RAM: 16GB
    Ethernet Adapter TP-Link TG-3468 (PCIe)

• I agree, it is something with php5. Its not only OWM and owncloud which is affected. My wordpress and Multicraft webpages is slow too...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:

• I might have found a workaround here:

https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/7576

I tried to rename my "instance-id" to "oc-instance-id" in config.php and the corresponding folder to /media/uuid/owncloud/owncloud-ocinstance-id"

This actually stopped the error in the error log.

Software:

Hardware:

• HI Everybody,

Has this been reseolved? When I endable (turn on) or disable (turn off) OwnCloud from the OMV interface I always get the "An error has occurred" message box, and I noticed that I also have the same "session.name cannot be a numeric or empty" messgae in my OwnCloud log. I tried changing the instance id like Rocologo suggested, but that did not help. However I might also have a problem that is unrelated to the instance id problem, every time I disable/enable OwnCloud, the OwnCloud conigurations is restored back to default.
    So, say for example that I create a user in the OwnCloud interface and the user uploads some files, if I disable/endable OwnCloud (or reboot my OMV box) that user gets deleted and all OwnCloud configurations are restored back to default. However files that the user uploaded can still be found in the OwnCloud directory.

Can these issues be related? Or maybe changing the instance id would solve the "session.name cannot be a numeric or empty" problem like Rocologo suggested, however since configurations are restored back to default when I enable OwnCloud it also changes back the instance id?
    Any ideas?

• Ok,

I had six cups of coffee and speed learned german :-).
    Found this thread owncloud - Probleme mit Verzeichnisfreigaben und Grundeinstellungen and this bug tracker http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1107, so in other words these are two different issues (session.name error probably caused by the php5 update as tekkb mentioned, and this other issue caused by the design of OwnCloud being "xxxxxxx" as votdev put it in the bugtracker :-)).
    So I guess this means that I'll just go ahead and remove OwnCloud and wait for better times.

• Hey, i have same problems, OMV 2.x and OC 6.x is working very slow and log is full of : "....session.name cannot be a numeric or empty...."
    Maybe newer version of OC (v8.1) is a solution ?

@angeloD Do you see installing OC 7.0.3 solved problems from 1st post ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!