Server not showing up on a windows 7, or 8.1 as a network source

• Not sure what I am doing wrong, shares show up on my Ubuntu compute but they dont show up on a windows machine.

Is there a setting I should look at, maybe I have over looked something.

I am using the RPI OMV version 1.0.29

Rich Prim

• I restarted the router looked into the firewall etc and now (not sure why) it shows the server.
    But back to an old problem, I have 2 shares rich1 and documents1, I can map either one on a windows 8.1 computer, but not both?
    After the first share is mapped, and I try to mount the second one, it asks for a user name and password, nothing I type in is acceptable?
    I heard your group is working on a guide, which is great.
    What I want to build is a server with a few shares available to everyone and a share for each person.
    I would be great if we had a step by step guide for this setup, I suspect a lot of people might want to use this kind of a setup.
    Just a thought, I know this is a lot of work for someone.
    Rich Prim

• Ok I will check, not at my home location right now.

What I was saying is either share can be mapped but not both at the same time.
    IE I can mount rich1 but can't mount documents1, but if I unmount rich1 then I can mount documents1
    Seems like it will only let me mount one share at a time.
    I do remember having this problem prior to version 1.0.9 RPI.
    Rich Prim

• I re-installed OMV 1.0.9 and can make 2 shares on the windows 8.1 computer.
    Went up and tried making shares on my Wife's windows 7 computer and can make at least 4 shares, probably more but only had made 4 shares in OMV.
    So sounds like it is a windows 8 problem, any suggestions, fire wall, etc??
    Yes rebooted the RPI many times.
    Rich Prim

• I don't believe that changing the max smbd settings makes any difference, but why not. His wife's W7 PC can mount four shares at a time, so the OMV standard settings should work. Actually I have eight shares mounted at a time on my W8.1 PC without changing anything and I can mount shares residing on two different OMV machines at the same time.

Rich, do you have IPV6 enabled on the OMV box? If not, have a look at your Win8 PC network settings and try to disable IPV6 on the Windows side. Can you see every share of the OMV box in the network neighbourhood?

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• No the IPV 6 shows nothing in OMV, have to go down stairs and crank up the windows 8 computer to look at the network settings.
    But i am pretty sure IPV 6 is blank.
    Yes I can see all the shares just cant map them, or open them in the network list.
    After mounting one, it keeps asking for a name and password, none will work.
    Rich
    ps I have now mapped 6 shares in windows 7 and can read/write to them.

• I only have one computer with windows 8.1 on it.
    I would have to take my server to someone's house.
    The RaspberryPi is small enough to do this, just need someone to agree to it.
    I was hoping someone will see this that had the problem and knows how to fix it.
    Searched Google but no luck yet.
    Richard

• No the IPV 6 shows nothing in OMV, have to go down stairs and crank up the windows 8 computer to look at the network settings.
    But i am pretty sure IPV 6 is blank.

Does blank mean that the IPV6 checkbox in the network settings of your network interface is blank? If not, disable it by unchecking the box.

Yes I can see all the shares just cant map them, or open them in the network list.
    After mounting one, it keeps asking for a name and password, none will work.

Which W8.1 edition?

will a win 8 different edition make a difference? I don't have a single win8 machine to test

To be honest: I don't know. I only use W8.1 Pro and have never dealt with 8.0 and standard or RT editions. In earlier home or basic editions like W7 did the number of networks connections was restricted. Will have a look at MSDN.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• When I first image my microSD card with OMV 1.17 the server will not show up on any of my computers unless i enable ipv6. Why wont it show up on ipv4?

OMV 2.1.5.1 (Stone burner) ARMHF | RPi 2 + 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-1 48MB/Sec | WD My Book 1140 4TB (Hitachi HDD) USB 3.0 | WD My Book 1230 4TB (WD Green HDD) USB 3.0 | Samsung 2.1Amp PSU

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!