Slow file transfer from OMV to wireless laptop

• Offizieller Beitrag

First we replace squeeze for wheezy with the following commands in ssh

Code
    sed -i -r 's/squeeze(-lts)?/wheezy/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
    sed -i -r 's/squeeze(-lts)?/wheezy/g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

Then sardoukar sed -i -r 's/sardaukar?/kralizec/g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.list

Rename themfind /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* -name *sardaukar* -exec rename s/sardaukar/kralizec/ {} \;

and finally if you have internet apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade if everything goes fine then reboot

• Sorry for the late response. Work has been taking over my life.

I followed the instructions you provided without issue. I then installed the backports kernel, restarted, and unfortunately, I'm still getting slow wireless transfer speeds when I try to get anything from the NAS.

• And the connection is displayed at ac?

mountaindew: In my eyes you never verified that it is in fact connected via ac. Can you post a screenshot ti verify that please?

Maybe the 5Ghz it getting overcrowded ?

Doubtfull. 5GHz is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less affected by a crowded environment...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Here's where I see my AC connection speed:

Also, I have a second laptop that operates at 300 Mbps on the 5Ghz and it too is experiencing the same slow transfer speed from the NAS.

I attempted to update the firmware but "Unable to locate package linux-firmware-nonfree"

• Huh? Your sources tell me you have the non-free section of the debian repo enabled. What is the output of apt-cache search linux-firmware-nonfree ?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Its the other way around, firmware-linux-nonfree.

Greetings
    David

• Unfortunately, the same result. Here's the output when I ran the commands you suggested:

• See my edit, the package name was wrong.

Greetings
    David

• Looks like it's already installed:

Code
    root@G54Vault:~# apt-get install firmware-linux-nonfree
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    firmware-linux-nonfree is already the newest version.
    firmware-linux-nonfree set to manually installed.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
  • The result:

After reboot, I see this for my NIC:

Still hanging around 2-3MB/sec for the NAS but 20-30MB/sec with another wired system.

• I cleared out the static entry, shut down the NAS, plugged into one of the other ports on the dual NIC, and I still get the slow transfer speed from the NAS. I also tried it over SSH and got the same problem.

I then went to pull something from my workstation and was able to get 25-35MB/sec.

To sum up, the integrated NIC on the HP Microserver and the dual NIC I have in the NAS are giving me slow transfer speeds.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!