Help setting up firewall (iptables)

• 1491-example-rules-jpg

Why do only some of the rules have a destination IP?

I understand that the source IP's are allowing just from local network.

I set all my rules with the destination of my server and it worked fine.

Thoughts?

• Greetings!

(I've only just become introduced to OMV literally this morning, and I have my own LAN/cloud/filesharing up and running. I spent days wrestling with others). This software rocks.

The firewall settings are giving me problems. I've used the exact settings provided here by drinks2go and tekkb, everything continues to work while my web GUI is locked out, I get error messages every 10 sec or so.

I learned how to SSH in from one of my other machines on the network and got the rules suspended. I narrowed it down to the OUPUT REJECT ALL rule, which I realise means that some rule is missing to allow access.

I've exhausted my google-fu, is anyone able to explain what could be missing in the rules that's keeping my web GUI from connecting?

FYI I don't use FTP or any other outside access method, this nas is strictly for inside LAN use, and I want to restrict it's access to packages/upgrades.

And, massive props for the info here, I'm a severe noob and would not have been able to get up and running without this resource.

Cheers

Steve

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!