Can't select volume

• Hello,

I installed OMV on an Raspberry PI some days ago. The usage with SMB is no problem (from Windows and Android).
    Now I can't select a device from each menu or window.

The "Physical Disk" is correct, and the shown devices and labels on "File Systems" too.
    But each menu, where I shall select a device, there is no one listed.

In System Info -> Status -> Disk usage: It is empty

Actual OMV-Version: 1.0.31

I'm new in using this system. Please explain me, which way I have to repaire my system.

• The disk was earlier used in other systems, like a backup-disk in windows.
    I remember the disk (with 2 parts /sda1 and /sda2) were automatically detected and mounted.
    Filesystem is ntfs and all shown in "File Systems".

After installing OMV in Oktober there was all fine. And I build the shares in SMB-Configuration.

• Here the result:

• Where are you trying to select a volume??? You have 2 devices mounted already. Once they are mounted they do not show in the drop down for create file systems.

I am not sure if disk usage info shows for ntfs drives. Did it show before. I don't use ntfs with my OMV. I only use ext4 file systems. I would have to check if you do not remember.

NTFS drives should only be mounted on temporary basis to move data. They should not be used as a permanent solution.

• Thank you for your "bad" info about ntfs.

I'm sure disk-info showed the ntfs-drives before. It's prssible the problem came with OMV 1.0.31 or .30.

Do you know when the next release should come, which fix the problem?
    Or should I try to copy my files and format/remount the drives by using ext4?

• Ok. I will wait some days for 1.0.32 and try again. Thank you.
    Perhabs I will change my filesystem later to solve this pending problem for the future.

So I will close this theme when the new release is installed an the problem is resolved. oK?

• Until now, I made a backup of my drive.

Today I cut the usage in SMB of 1 drive, deleted the shared folders and deleted the "free" drive.
    Now I'm trying create a new file system. But on "create" there is no device to select.

What shall I try now to format the device in ext4?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!