OpenVPN-as does not create an init.d-script

• Hi everybody,

I tried to install the openvpn-as plugin several times now. Everytime I try to activate the openvpn-as Server via the webGUI I get the exact same Error as in the following post.

[SOLVED] OpenVPN Install Failure

I logged in via SSH to verify that there is no openvpnas script in /etc/init.d/. This seems to be an Error in the plugin installer.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION:
    I solved the Problem by removing the plugin via apt-get remove openvpn-as.
    Then I installed only openvpn-as via apt-get install openvpn-as.
    That finished I installed the OMV-plugin via the webGUI.

Now everything seems to run.

Could you please help me, since the normal OpenVPN plugin works, but does not meet the ease of use my clients would like :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin does not install the init script. It does have a dependency on the openvpnas package which installs the init script. Just installed on a VM and it works fine. I also have openvpnas script in /etc/init.d. I'm guessing your system didn't properly download the openvpnas package. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openvpn

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Here comes the output :)

Code
    ii openmediavault-openvpnas 1.0.5 all OpenVPN Acess Server plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openvpn-as 2.0.10-Debian7 amd64 openvpn-as

I have to admit, that this is the output of my working openvpn-as after I did the workaround I postet above.

• If you have the openvpn-as package installed you should have the initscript. I think it is:

/etc/init.d/openvpnas

chown root:root
    chmod 755

You can create the file if you need it and the do update-rc.d openvpnas defaults

• Very weird scopeye... that the init script did not install. I have not seen this problem ever with this package.

I have been working on updating the plugin. There is an issue with Chrome on the newer openvpn-as package. That has caused the delay.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!